LED/SMD/Cree lights

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I've been working at providing lights at a more resonable cost to members on a couple forums now and will let ya'll know I am expanding my market every week. My site is up now but still needs alot of tweaking/updating. But it should give you an idea of the products I'm carrying and doing this as a one person entity, I don't have a shop-its done from my residence-everything from finishing/powdercoating of the door sills, grills etc. I test each style of light as they come in so I can give a fair assessment to function and brightness. Things are in the "pipeline" for later on but I can't tell you any more specifics-just be patient.
I just today received my shipment of CREE 3157 tail lights and amber turn signals. Switchbacks are coming (10 days) and the CREE back ups will be in later this week. I have some new 168/194 superflux very bright smd bulbs and 5 smd with 5050 chips in white and amber. For more information on what bulbs your vehicle requires got to OSRAM Sylvania automotive replacement guide and enter your info.
THX
Kev
Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express!

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Site looks good, I may place an order soon for some switchbacks. I'll be interested to see some pics once you get the CREE reverse bulbs in. It would be nice to see some side by side comparisons so we can really compare how bright each type is.

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Site looks good, I may place an order soon for some switchbacks. I'll be interested to see some pics once you get the CREE reverse bulbs in. It would be nice to see some side by side comparisons so we can really compare how bright each type is.

Some of these bulbs I can do comparisons on my TBSS but my tails are ones I can only compare backups, because my tails are all in one with leds already assembled in them. I'm working a small mock up of certain sockets that will allow a side by side look at the lights.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Your door sill plates are of interest. :undecided:

Do you have a pic of the "illuminated" ones in action?

Thanks!

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
harmless said:
Your door sill plates are of interest. :undecided:

Do you have a pic of the "illuminated" ones in action?

Thanks!

This is a pic when I was doing them with my now "X business partner"
these are unlit but you can see the colors
IMG_20110630_123142.jpg

IMG_20110630_123104.jpg

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Yes. Thank you. I've also perused your site... :whistle:

BUT, in no place can we find a working example of said product. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see it "in action" to see if it's something that fits our fancy.

It is a very entertaining concept though, I give you that!

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
harmless said:

BUT, in no place can we find a working example of said product. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see it "in action" to see if it's something that fits our fancy.

This is one example of a Cree tail 7440 bulb
IMG_20120303_235153.jpg

IMG_20120303_235406.jpg

harmless said:

I'll try to get a pic of the blue lighted sills that I'm getting ready to ship out.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
I'll try to get a pic of the blue lighted sills that I'm getting ready to ship out.

Now THAT would be sweet!

(cause that's the color I'm eyeballin'!!)

:wootwoot:

Edit:

These new CREE LEDs are interesting as well.

Would they be bright enough for a FOG light type application?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
harmless said:

though i dont have a pic.. i saw them in person while i was in florida last year for my cousins wedding/orlando mini meet... someone had them installed on his black SS (Red was the color of the illumination).. and the s#!+ was sick!!!!! i forgot the guys name, or else i would hit him up on tbssowners...

\
if i could affford them right now, i would be all over it...

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
if i could affford them right now, i would be all over it...

I believe you... They look good just sitting there. I so want to see them lit up though!

I feel you on the $$$ issue - I've got me a tax refund burning a hole in my pocket! Too many toys, not enough coin. Everytime I think I've found the flavour of the day, something like THIS pops up and makes my wish list that much longer!!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
harmless said:
I believe you... They look good just sitting there. I so want to see them lit up though!

I feel you on the $$$ issue - I've got me a tax refund burning a hole in my pocket! Too many toys, not enough coin. Everytime I think I've found the flavour of the day, something like THIS pops up and makes my wish list that much longer!!

i hear ya!! my refund is already gone.. decided to pay off bills over buying more toys!! afterall, she is just sitting in the garage :rotfl:

thats why im after the little things (LED's, mirrir signals, etc... )

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i hear ya!! my refund is already gone.. decided to pay off bills over buying more toys!! afterall, she is just sitting in the garage :rotfl:

thats why im after the little things (LED's, mirrir signals, etc... )

:rotfl: I've got a ton of little things to do in the spring... This refund was huge, so I'm taking advantage of it. Getting her some new rubber (my parents will bring it up when they come back from wintering in Texas) and some other things...

Just not sure what "them other things" are yet...

Norcal Lowering kit? My secret project? HIDs? Rebuild the wheels? These sill things for the doors and rear bumper...

Soooo many choices! :hissyfit:

(sorry for the thread hijack! back to topic!)

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Non-SS door sills powdercoated + Non-SS rear bumper powdercoated + mesh grill = me :biggrin: I can't wait for my tax return got much things going into Mayo lol.

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Non-SS door sills powdercoated + Non-SS rear bumper powdercoated + mesh grill = me :biggrin: I can't wait for my tax return got much things going into Mayo lol.

The door sills I may be able to get done with just the lines all the way thru which would delete the "SS" logo and they might be a little cheaper because of less programming. I thought about doing them with a blank in the middle and a seperate logo could be attached. Same for the bumper plates. Just an idea....

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I now have the Cree 3156 back up bulbs in. :cool:

For a package deal on the tails I will do 4 3157 Cree in red and 2 3156 Cree in white for the tails 6 CREE bulbs for $66 shipped :thumbsup:
or :undecided:
for $35 more I can add in 4 dome with 8 smds, 1 cargo festoon with 8 smds and 2 license plate with 8 smds for total of $101 and free priority mail shipping.
:yes:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
This thread is continuing down the path of selling items, which is OK on this site, but not in the technical threads.

Would the OP prefer it to be moved to the Vendor forum or the Classifieds?

Thanks Roadie, The vendor site would be good as that is what I wish to become on this site as well. I'm so used to the TBSSowners site being a free-for-all I didn't stop to think about that. Sorry,
Kev

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Got my spider leds today will install when my led tails come in :biggrin: thanx kev

You're welcome Mo. Take some pics let me know how they work out.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Holy Cow! Where is Carlton to drool over this?

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
TexazReece said:
Will do......can't wait LOL I need those tails delivered not now but right now

Well I'm sure I will be down that way again at some point. Wowwe corporate headquarters is in the Woodlands so I'll be around that area for sure and then the TBSS Fallout is in October @ Seally so I'll be down there then on the wet side. Maybe I will be able to stay at Jerry Lugo's crib now that he has a house.
I know everyone is pretty focused on the light bulbs but I also have about 10 different Cree flashlights that are kickass and I have 10 more sets of the billet door sills (unfortunately they all have "SS" logo). I'm working on having a universal door sill and bumper plate that will be blank in the midddle and can add which ever emblem to it.
IMG_20120305_172615.jpg

IMG_20120305_193730.jpg

IMG_20120228_144144.jpg

IMG_20120210_123929.jpg

IMG_20120210_123958.jpg

Feb 16, 2012
DFWWIZ, could you please take a comparison shot of all the different LEDs, either:

a) Next to a ruler
b) Next to a stock bulb it is replacing
c) a Quarter etc....

Any of those options would be cool, didn't mean all of them lol, just before you think I am asking too much. Maybe just a pic next to the stock bulbs would be good enough.

Something to help me gauge their size. I currently have LED Warning lights (Hide-A-Ways) installed into the reverse housings, and want to see/make sure that any LED replacement would not interfere with their dispersing light into the reverse housing. Picture below to help you get the idea of what I mean:

IMAG0153.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Stock in the middle, front turn on the right and back up on the left.
IMG_20120313_102759.jpg

Zapp Brannigan said:
DFWWIZ, could you please take a comparison shot of all the different LEDs, either:

a) Next to a ruler
b) Next to a stock bulb it is replacing
c) a Quarter etc....

Any of those options would be cool, didn't mean all of them lol, just before you think I am asking too much. Maybe just a pic next to the stock bulbs would be good enough.

Something to help me gauge their size. I currently have LED Warning lights (Hide-A-Ways) installed into the reverse housings, and want to see/make sure that any LED replacement would not interfere with their dispersing light into the reverse housing. Picture below to help you get the idea of what I mean:

IMAG0153.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Anyone with a TBSS go to my site and view my LOWERED prices :wootwoot: on the billet door sills! I have 10 sets available to powdercoat, polish or whatever you want. Like the ones pictured on the left these are ready to finish up and send out. The lighted stainless ones are next to go out after these.
Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
quicjk question for you Kev...

i have 68 SMD leds for my rear turn signals... how well would your CREE Park/Brake LED's match up to them... both in looks and brightness?? and your LED's are SRCK styles correct?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
Anyone with a TBSS go to my site and view my LOWERED prices :wootwoot: on the billet door sills! I have 10 sets available to powdercoat, polish or whatever you want. Like the ones pictured on the left these are ready to finish up and send out. The lighted stainless ones are next to go out after these.
Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express

Might hold out to see what you can do for the lighted ones...

Still wanna see one "turned on". :biggrin:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Hell of a selection!

I do custom headlights...hope I can work with you in the near future. Looms like you have a few things I coyld sell up.

Hey Works for me. I'm all about working with others to make things better for everyone. I pm'd ya some info.
Kev

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Hey I just got my switchbacks today and noticed that they don't work like the video blckshdw posted and you put on your website. The bulbs he have are dual color LED so each one is white normally, then flashes amber for turn signal. The bulbs I got from you today are working opposite (amber normally, flash white and amber for turn signal) and also it's half and half. Half the LED's are white, half are amber. So basically with just the running lights on, it's steady amber and when the turn signal goes on it keeps the amber on and flashes white? That's kind of the opposite of the description on your website :sadcry:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
fr34kout said:
Hey I just got my switchbacks today and noticed that they don't work like the video blckshdw posted and you put on your website. The bulbs he have are dual color LED so each one is white normally, then flashes amber for turn signal. The bulbs I got from you today are working opposite (amber normally, flash white and amber for turn signal) and also it's half and half. Half the LED's are white, half are amber. So basically with just the running lights on, it's steady amber and when the turn signal goes on it keeps the amber on and flashes white? That's kind of the opposite of the description on your website :sadcry:

That doesn't sound right. Did you try flip them the other way? They should be white and alternate to amber. They have to have white smds and amber smds. you can't have both colors out of one smd. At least that is how mine operate. I have more coming in so let me see what is going on with these and if necessary, I will change them out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
DFWWIZ said:
That doesn't sound right. Did you try flip them the other way? They should be white and alternate to amber. They have to have white smds and amber smds. you can't have both colors out of one smd.

Yes you can. This is what I have in my truck, and what you're showing on your website by having my video on there. Plus, your website says this right next to it. :nono:

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Yea I flipped them the other way and they just didn't turn on, I was thinking of just cutting and splicing the wires the other way which should make it white on, amber turn. But at the same time it isn't turning off the steady color when the second color flashes.

And idk I know blckshdw has autolumination bulbs that produce 2 colors from the same LED. The description on your site says that's what these do =/ "Each led is a dual function integrated led that can produce either white or amber from the same led. This means that in both white and amber modes, all 60 leds are lit at the same time. Two Colors - One Bulb"

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
fr34kout said:
Yea I flipped them the other way and they just didn't turn on, I was thinking of just cutting and splicing the wires the other way which should make it white on, amber turn. But at the same time it isn't turning off the steady color when the second color flashes.

And idk I know blckshdw has autolumination bulbs that produce 2 colors from the same LED. The description on your site says that's what these do =/ "Each led is a dual function integrated led that can produce either white or amber from the same led. This means that in both white and amber modes, all 60 leds are lit at the same time. Two Colors - One Bulb"

That has been corrected-I don't do the work on the site myself-I have a friend who does it for me. Anyway...its a work in progress and I apologized to Caton for it. I'm a one man army doing all of this by myself-ordering, shipping, finishing door sills, powdercoating, selling, installing so I'm bound to make a few mistakes. 24 hours in a day isn't enough time to do everything. Oh and on top of that I'm pulling the motor/trans for a weird knock it started making 2 weeks ago-by myself. :eek:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I was just looking at Autolumination's site and its funny how he has posted the same patent number on dang near every 3157 bulb, like he owns that patent. This patent that has nothing to do with him personally having the rights. Patent US7345433 - Reversible polarity LED lamp module using current regulator and method therefor - Google Patents He just sells bulbs that happen to have that technology. Anyone can purchase the right to use that technology and make a bulb-which is being done right now by tons of manufacturers. Its no secret or different than the Cree technology which is owned by a company in N Carolina. I wonder if the patent owners have ever looked at his site and know that he is implying that he is the only one with that? :crazy:

What a joke! :rotfl: And his prices, in my humble opinion, are plain ol rape if you ask me. $24.95 to 29.99 for one bulb???? :eek: Give me a break.
See this is why I am doing what I do, selling bulbs for less than half the price and yet the quality is as good or better.
Greed is NOT good! :no:
I'm in this to help a brother out. :yes:

Ok I'm done with my rant....I feel much better.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Haha no hard feelings man, I understand completely just glad I could help you catch something before a lot of people started ordering and they might throw a bitch fit lol. Unfortunately, even though their prices are highway robbery, that's the look I'm going for and they seem to be the only option (that I know of) that have them right now so I'll probably end up just spending the extra for those. I guess I'll ship these back out to you tomorrow and try for a refund? Going to install the corner lights tomorrow and rewire them to turn on with the fogs, those bulbs look promising for sure.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online