LED recommendations

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to install a set of LEDs in my 07 LT. I have some a lot of research and come to the conclusion that the GTR Ultra 2 are the best option. The only problem is I cannot afford the $200 per set.

I have a Amazon gift card that is burning a hole in my pocket. Does anyone have any experience with LED kits off of Amazon? Any pictures of the light output?

I look forward to hearing any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or input. Thank you all in advance for the time!

Have a great day and stay safe!

Respectfully,
George D.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Generally, using LED or HID bulbs in our stock reflector bowl housings isn't widely recommended like it once was. They are designed for the lower light intensity of halogen bulbs. Using the higher intensity sources, without proper focus, results in extra scattered light that doesn't go down towards the road surface. Things appear brighter to the driver, because more light is directed upwards than intended. Depending on the light sensitivity of other drivers on the road, you may get flashed if it bothers them enough.

Seeing as you have the LT lights, doing a projector retrofit is more expensive than for the LS/SS style lights, and ready-made projector assemblies are more limited and expensive as well. But that's the best way to get all that light on the road where you need it, and not scattered where you don't. :twocents:

Pygot

Dec 6, 2019
RI
Generally, using LED or HID bulbs in our stock reflector bowl housings isn't widely recommended like it once was. They are designed for the lower light intensity of halogen bulbs. Using the higher intensity sources, without proper focus, results in extra scattered light that doesn't go down towards the road surface. Things appear brighter to the driver, because more light is directed upwards than intended. Depending on the light sensitivity of other drivers on the road, you may get flashed if it bothers them enough.

Seeing as you have the LT lights, doing a projector retrofit is more expensive than for the LS/SS style lights, and ready-made projector assemblies are more limited and expensive as well. But that's the best way to get all that light on the road where you need it, and not scattered where you don't. :twocents:
I can attest to people flashing you with HIDS in stock housings.. Had them on my Honda and would always get flashed. Went with Xentec HIDS from amazon they were like $20 per. No complaints about them other than that.
Edit Xentec was lowbeam (large H4)

Attachments

• 20191024_133009.jpg
    20191024_133009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20191024_133004.jpg
    20191024_133004.jpg
    996.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191024_132951.jpg
    20191024_132951.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: