LED Light Bar as Backup Lighting

Dadwagon

Original poster
May 21, 2020
West coast
My lights work fine but my vision isn't great at night. My lenses are hazed and the halogens plus stock fogs work adequately for my commute, plus they have gone a year without a blown bulb so I don't want to modify the stock setup. I want to install a 22" or smaller light bar I can switch on for driving back roads or when there are no cars in front of me (probably very rare) similar to flipping on high beams. Is this a dumb idea, even if I point the lights lower than blinding range for other drivers?
If I were to go through with this, it would be a ~$100 kit from Harbor Freight that includes the switch and wiring. It would be going in the stock Buick grill or under the license plate at the bottom of the front bumper.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
When I first read the title I thought you wanted to us the LED bar for backing up.
Depending on your local laws, I don't see how this would be any different than fog lights. As long as it is aimed correctly. :twocents: You could also try polishing the headlight lenses.

KEEBZ489

Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
try getting led bulbs , a quality set of low & high wouold be about $60 nothing to wire etc just plug and play was a night & day differnce for me literally

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online