LED interior question

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Hey Guys. I love my LED Interior lights. But i have a question. Why do i need to open my vanity mirrors for the lights to get to full brightness? is there a easy way to fix this? I know i can use the switch to turn all the lights on but any easy fix?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
kjkim93 said:
Hey Guys. I love my LED Interior lights. But i have a question. Why do i need to open my vanity mirrors for the lights to get to full brightness? is there a easy way to fix this? I know i can use the switch to turn all the lights on but any easy fix?

When you are saying vanity lights you mean the visor mirror lights? I had vanity lights in my old TB arnt they activated when you open the visor? Why would you want those always on? Am I miss understanding this??????

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
I have this problem too. The LEDs light up dim until you open the mirror and then they are bright. I have read before that you can tap off of one of the lights and add a regular bulb in and tuck it in the headliner. I guess having a regular bulb in the mix makes it work ok. I never bothered as I kind of like having the option of dim or bright.

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
I was the original person who discovered this peculiar TB/Voy trait and reported it on the "other" site. To-date, I have not seen any mention of a fix or even why it happens.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
When you are saying vanity lights you mean the visor mirror lights? I had vanity lights in my old TB arnt they activated when you open the visor? Why would you want those always on? Am I miss understanding this??????

My bad. If i turn on the map lights they are dim. And if i open the visor mirror lights then the map lights become bright.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
kjkim93 said:
My bad. If i turn on the map lights they are dim. And if i open the visor mirror lights then the map lights become bright.
Ok got you now that im clear lol I have the same issue but I don't even have visor lights.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
Ok got you now that im clear lol I have the same issue but I don't even have visor lights.

I think everybody has the same issue. I love my trailblazer and i dont mind opening the visor

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online