LED Headlights, JW Speaker

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
Ok, so I've been looking for some different lights for my TB. Thought about projectors, Cree LED, etc etc etc... And then I saw some JW Speaker LEDs. I am very impressed BUT they make mostly Jeep round retrofits. They do make a bracket to put them on just about anything with a flat surface though. So I'm considering the 8700 high/low lights for the TB build. Any thoughts?

tbconceptgrille.jpg

I'd still need a side marker but that's easy enough. http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/headlights/#product=500463

Thoughts?
the razor wire grille never looks good in photoshop lol

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Interesting design and completely different from anything I have seen on a TB. I really like the photoshop concept.

What was the plans for the side marker and main turn signal, LED strips? Is the amber light recessed in the front bumper a fog light or turn signal?

Have you checked out theretrofitsource.com? A couple weeks ago they had a bunch JW Speaker headlights on clearance for cheap.

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
the recessed amber light in the pic is a turn signal, i just didn't find a 5" light i liked so i tossed a turn signal in the hole for the mock up. i was looking at some fender side markers kinda like the BMWs have

Reactions: dmanns67

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
That design idea looks amazing. Only thing though is depending on what your states requirements are for the DOT, you need to have reflective plastic on the turn signals and have them on the side too i believe. Over all that is one sweet concept and I would love to see it done. Have you considered building your own headlights out of fiberglass resin and some plywood as a way to make a form? Maybe if you are good with stuff like body work you could get it done and make it look killer doing so.

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
kickass audio said:
That design idea looks amazing. Only thing though is depending on what your states requirements are for the DOT, you need to have reflective plastic on the turn signals and have them on the side too i believe. Over all that is one sweet concept and I would love to see it done. Have you considered building your own headlights out of fiberglass resin and some plywood as a way to make a form? Maybe if you are good with stuff like body work you could get it done and make it look killer doing so.
I'm not great with fiberglass, but I'd also like to keep it metal. Probably not as heavy gauge as the front bumper, but I like the metal plate look. I am torn between going body color with the grille area or going black like the bumper. If I go body color, I'm almost thinking of trying to find a good sheet metal guy to make it look more car body and less tank looking.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online