Led Conversion 4wd Switch difficulties

02envoySLT

Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Dayton, Ohio
I have done a full led conversion for the interior lights except for the cluster and the home link buttons. Everything is done with green 5mm leds 470 ohm resistors. I have tried to do the 4wd switch at least 3 times. Everytime I end up messing up. If there is anyone that would be willing to do the 4wd switch backlighting and indicator leds for me and possibly the home link buttons, I would be willing to supply the leds and resistors and pay shipping both ways along with paying someone to do it. I am to the point where it is just frustrating and it’s time to seek help. Please let me know if anyone would be able to! Thanks

02envoySLT

Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Dayton, Ohio
what is it that you messed up ?
Everytime that I do it it is either the contact leds peel off or melt off or the polarity is wrong and everytime I go to do the leds for the indicator it’s always polarity issues and the contacts burn off. Also I’ll get them in and then the casing won’t go on or it goes on really tight and leads touch or it breaks the bulbs off. The home link is just so small and tight that I’d rather have someone do it for me that’s been doing it for a while.

KEEBZ489

Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
Im looking to do my headligh and 4wd switch over. i did my dash , and others suggested use teh same led/s but i think the head will be to bog. the home link i could pass on if its that tight

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The homelink and recorder modules aren't that bad, just have to trim the legs of the LEDs down, and wrap the legs on the resistors is all. Here's how I did mine, pulled from the LED mod thread. :twocents:

Items Used

• 5mm blue 1600mcd, 90 degree viewing angle, straw hat LEDs
  • 470 ohm 1/4W resistors

My truck didn't come with the Homelink and memo modules installed, but after finding some from a junked GMT, it was time to add them. After figuring out the correct wiring assignments to make them work, it was time to put some LEDs in them.

Here's the Homelink and Memo modules broken down.

100_0583.jpg

100_0590.jpg

Solder on some LEDs and resistors, and give them a quick test to make sure I didn't goof.
I actually did the first time, hooked up all the LEDs backwards polarity, as I had my power supply leads backwards :duh: Didn't catch it until I had EVERYTHING closed back up and ready to reinstall in the truck. Something told me to test them with my power supply on the harness to see them both light up.

100_0592.jpg

100_0593.jpg

And here's the final result before mounting back where it belongs.

100_0596.jpg

100_0603.jpg

02envoySLT

Original poster
Dec 27, 2020
Dayton, Ohio
The homelink and recorder modules aren't that bad, just have to trim the legs of the LEDs down, and wrap the legs on the resistors is all. Here's how I did mine, pulled from the LED mod thread. :twocents:
Thank you! That’s what I was missing then. I will give it. Go. I did the recorder module but was hesitant to do the home link. Did you happen to replace the amber leds in the 4wd switch any way you could send me info on that if you did or even help me through it. I’ve messed up 3 or 4 times on it now.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Thank you! That’s what I was missing then. I will give it. Go. I did the recorder module but was hesitant to do the home link. Did you happen to replace the amber leds in the 4wd switch any way you could send me info on that if you did or even help me through it. I’ve messed up 3 or 4 times on it now.

Mine's 2WD, but go into that thread, one of the other members posted his 4WD switch in there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online