LED bumper lights?

97 silveraydo

Original poster
Dec 13, 2014
So today I picked up a FREE rear bumper from a guy I work with. The backed into something and creased one side of it, so I brought it home and worked most of it out. It's still had a little waviness to it though. So I thought I would cut the waviness out of the bumper and cut the same spot out on the other side and add LED flush mount pods in its place, since my tint is so dark I can't see to back at night. I figured I could wire them to a switch or my reverse lights. So I was wondering has anybody done this and has it helped? Also what's a good brand name to go with? Nothing crazy expensive or crappy made? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418941374.776612.jpg after I worked most of it out.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I don't think anyone here has done that specific mod yet, so you'd be the first. Others have added aux lights under the bumper, but not actually IN it. I think there was some talk of removing the reflectors in the TB rear bumper and putting LEDs there, but it hasn't been done yet.

Any chance you can take a wider shot of the bumper to better show where the LEDs would be placed?

Reactions: Mounce

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Blckshdw said:
I think there was some talk of removing the reflectors in the TB rear bumper and putting LEDs there, but it hasn't been done yet.
Hmmmmm...I need to get a hold of Sparky to discuss this.

Reactions: DDonnie

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online