LED Bulbs in Retrofit Projectors?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I brushed on this topic a few times in some other threads, but I figured it could be useful as a stand-alone thread.

Has anyone purchased the typical retrofit projectors and then threw LED H1 bulbs in there instead of going with an actual HID setup?

If you've done this, how did it go? Good lighting, good cutoff? Without blinding other drivers?

The benefit to this setup would be much simpler wiring. Especially if you do what I'm considering which is using the projectors as low beam only, and sticking another set of bulbs in the high beam bays as normal high beams. It will be just about plug n play. I also have the set of pre-modded new lenses from the HID retrofit project that never got finished.

So in theory I can just buy some cheap amazon projectors and LED bulbs, stuff that gets good reviews, throw it all together and be good to go. And because there will be no change in wiring, if something goes wrong, I can just throw my old lenses back in while I figure it out.

But the wiring/install is fairly self explanatory. I'm more interested in testimonials to the lighting performance of such a setup?

If you've done this, let me know how it went!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online