Leather seat swap

command buggy

Original poster
Apr 26, 2021
Idaho
looking for help. i have a 2006 TB LS it has a power driver seat ( lumbar + forward back of the butt part and can adjust its angle) passenger if full manual adjust. i picked up a full seat of leather seats that came from an unknown year bravada. they are identical seats and bolt pattern is the same. have the back seats in and while installing the driver i was not able to get it to power. the bravada seats have the same larger black and orange wire that i matched up with the TB black and orange and nothing. tried doing the junkyard drill battery "hot wire" nothing. i am not able to find much more information on this topic. my main desire is to have same functions on the leather seats. gaining the full electric adjust and passenger electric adjust + both heated would be amazing. any help or guidance would be much appreciated. unable to find wire harness diagram for the 06 TB truck side driver seat harness.

Dadwagon

May 21, 2020
West coast
I was under the impression the controls that are on the door can be a communication failure between parts of the car, meaning you have to match the seat to the controls on the door panel.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
I was under the impression the controls that are on the door can be a communication failure between parts of the car, meaning you have to match the seat to the controls on the door panel.
might be for the "memory adjust" function... but the basic motorized seats should work IF you have got power and ground going thru the appropriate connections. That would be the first check. The nicely posted schematic is pretty straight forward for basic electrical check / operation.

edit: are you saying that there are wires of the same color on both seats BUT the connectors are different.? likely implies the seat has a "memory function" in the driver seat module which I think does not allow for "direct operation" from the switches... meaning it goes thru a controller in the module which has to be powered and probably setup to allow its operation.
The "memory option" is the likely issue / difference.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online