League Bowling

million-miles

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I saw one other member say they were on a league. So lets see who else tries to knock down pins over and over and over.

I bowl one night a week and avg about 202

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
million-miles said:
I saw one other member say they were on a league. So lets see who else tries to knock down pins over and over and over.

I bowl one night a week and avg about 202

you talkin' about my post on Hatchet's thread?

wife and i are on a mixed league, 2nd and 4th saturdays. just do it for fun.
wife and i both ave about 150. my high game is 217, wife's is 232.
if we bowled once a week, i'm sure we would both be better,
because i know the amount of beer that is consumed has nothing to do with my average :laugh:

million-miles

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Yea i turn 40 this year and have been bowling league since i was 14

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Yup, league bowler here as well. At one point I was bowling 3 nights a week in three different houses. Carrying 200+ average in all of them as well. However kids and work have forced me to scale down to one night a week. The wife and I also bowl on a mixed summer league just to keep the cobwebs from setting in.

The one thing I hate about it though, whenever friends want to go out and bowl for fun I feel like I still need to drag my bag out with me. I just can't bring myself to bowl with a house ball or rental shoes. Does everyone else have that same issue?

million-miles

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
i havent gone out with friends to bowl i so long i dont know what i would do. Maybe just bring my shoes and one ball not the rolling 4 ball bag i have now.

Plus we know how much it hurts when you dont have a ball drilled for you hand.

You know how you get 10-15 mins of warm up before league starts. Do you use that time to

1. find your shot
2. try different ball reaction
3. get you body numb so it stops hurting.

min is number 3

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Regulator said:
Yup, league bowler here as well. At one point I was bowling 3 nights a week in three different houses. Carrying 200+ average in all of them as well. However kids and work have forced me to scale down to one night a week. The wife and I also bowl on a mixed summer league just to keep the cobwebs from setting in.

The one thing I hate about it though, whenever friends want to go out and bowl for fun I feel like I still need to drag my bag out with me. I just can't bring myself to bowl with a house ball or rental shoes. Does everyone else have that same issue?

sure do. why pay to rent the shoes.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
million-miles said:
i havent gone out with friends to bowl i so long i dont know what i would do. Maybe just bring my shoes and one ball not the rolling 4 ball bag i have now.

Plus we know how much it hurts when you dont have a ball drilled for you hand.

You know how you get 10-15 mins of warm up before league starts. Do you use that time to

1. find your shot
2. try different ball reaction
3. get you body numb so it stops hurting.

min is number 3

My practice time is always needed. 2-3 shots just to loosen up. The shitty knees and bad ankle don't like to work. Then it is a couple shots to find a good line with my primary ball, a few shots to find a separate line with a second, less aggressive ball, and if there is still time throwing a few at the 7 pin just because it is my most hated pin in the rack. By the way, I am left handed.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I suck at bowling....don't feel bad matt. I use the grungy ass shoes they provide. (I don't wanna say balls lol)

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Bowled on a league for 8 years..up until 2009 when I had to have surgery to remove my gall bladder... haven't picked up my balls since... my avg at my time of departure was 210 with a high game of 299 (USBC patch to prove it! Lol), and I bowled on mixed couple leagues with handicap's, both summer and winter leagues, which sucked for me!.! My handicap was always a negative!! Lol... I loved it.. and tried getting into it recently again... but I just can't find myself to come to it again... ah well.. its like riding a bike anyway.. the wood will never change, just the oil patterns..

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Regulator said:

I am an absolutely lousy bowler and never have done a league though have thought about it. Several times I did bowl regularly and have gotten very used to my ball & shoes, so when I bowl I want them. One time my daughter had a bowling outing to go to, wife dragged me along and said we didn't have time to grab my stuff, especially since only my daughter was supposed to be the bowling. Well wife added me to a team and was upset when I refused unless I had my own stuff. Since they needed that extra person I had to run home, grab my stuff and then bowl 8 frames straight with no warm up or rest between them. That was just a little too much too fast.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online