NEED HELP Leafs and other debris coming out of vents

PLAT515

Original poster
Mar 30, 2017
Minnesota
Curious if anyone has successfully cleaned or blown out the hvac ducting with minimal disassembly? I've cleaned out my blower motor and removed the debris on the evaporator where the cabin filter should be. It's an 03 and probably never had one in its life but ive got one on the way to prevent more in the future getting through but any and everything that made its way through the years is trapped past the evaporator where its inaccessible or at least i think. Pretty consistently i have some debris fly out the vent. It only happens on the first kick on of the blower motor when starting the truck, and isn't an issue during normal driving.
If removing the whole assembly which would include ac and heater core lines to be separated i guess ill just live with it and hopefully it coughs everything out 😅

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

Reactions: PLAT515

PLAT515

Original poster
Mar 30, 2017
Minnesota
Welcome to GMT Nation...

Thanks, Long time lurker. Usually everything has been addressed and i can find a solution but struggled with this. I was planning on pulling my wiper arms off and removing the coweling to get access and clean it there but i do have a leaf blower on hand so ill forsure give that a try!

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online