KYB Strut Plus any good?

steveO

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
I would like to change out the front strut packages with the spring to avoid getting involved with the spring compression tools ect
The package idea is appealing as it basically gives you all new parts assembled for easy replacement.
I'm looking to bring it back to the standard ride, not looking to beef it up make it stiffer / harder.
Was considering the KYB Strut Plus any thoughts?
Thanks!

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Most people on here like the bilstein shocks/struts on these. Don't think they have a quick strut assembly. Monroe makes one. I've had good luck with Monroe for years. Some say they're shit in this vehicle though. Never heard much about the kyb's for this vehicle. In general they're good quality product

Reactions: kickass audio

steveO

Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Thanks

I have Monroe sensamatic on it now but they are way over due, I hesitate to use a similar Econo Monroe package based on the negative things I read.
I had KYBs on my Ford F150 and they were very good, that was shocks though... So that is why I'm considering KYB for the Envoy.
If Blistein offered a set up like this I would consider it. The springs are tired and need to be replaced... in fact everything is getting tired on it... I replaced lots of stuff so it now some where between totally tired and just slightly tired!

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
I know the sensatracs are way better than economatics. Idk if you have good luck with kyb I'd think you'd be fine either way. If I was not going to lower mine I'd go with the bilsteins. Those came stock on my rainier. Not sure what came on tb and envoy.

Doing the springs isn't that bad. You could always have a shop just assemble the struts for you. Then install them yourself.

AWD V8

Jan 12, 2015
I've used KYB shocks on my past Jimmy's, I love them that much.

No experience with KYB struts on our rigs.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
AFAIK, all 360's and 370's came with Bilsteins. But they were not the high quality Bilsteins . They were more of the weaker little brother. Built for comfort.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Wooluf1952 said:
AFAIK, all 360's and 370's came with Bilsteins. But they were not the high quality Bilsteins . They were more of the weaker little brother. Built for comfort.
Maybe...idk... My Rainier had relatively new front HD's on it when I bought it. Rears are Monroe sensatracs.
Fronts are still good rears are toast. Gonna wait till I can get the belltech setup from NorCal tho

silverstar020

Jun 26, 2014
I'm using KYB Struts and they are amazing. The KYB Strut Plus is awesome and only took 30 min to install both the sides. I and fit at least 6 fingers between the wheel and finder.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.