Kumho Crugen HT51

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
I just put these tires on Friday afternoon (June 9th). I bought them from http://www.SimpleTire.com with free shipping to my house for about $2.50 total more than Tire Rack in South Bend. That saved me the trip to SB and back plus waiting there for it to happen. My mechanic and TR both charge $15 to mount & balance and since I have two sets of stock wheels, I just dropped the new tires and the old tires/wheels off and picked them up later.

I only have about 200 miles on them so far, but damn, do they ride nice! They really soak up the road joints and cracks. Dry traction is superb. I'll get to try wet traction tomorrow or Wednesday as they are calling for some rain.

Kumho was doing an $80 rebate on them, so my total cost will be about $347 when I get the rebate.

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Wet pavement traction was great. I haven't driven in rain yet, so no real comment of hydroplaning, but wet traction was every bit as good as my snow tires. Very confident feel.

IHZ05VOY

Dec 8, 2011
Wet pavement traction was great. I haven't driven in rain yet, so no real comment of hydroplaning, but wet traction was every bit as good as my snow tires. Very confident feel.
Looking to buy tires, and these are rated #1 on tirerack. Any more feedback? I am looking at the Mich defender, and General HTS60 too :undecided:

C-ya

Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Looking to buy tires, and these are rated #1 on tirerack. Any more feedback? I am looking at the Mich defender, and General HTS60 too :undecided:

@IHZ05VOY Sorry for the late response - I'm sure you have bought tires by now. I have about 7,550 miles on them now and they are still a great tire. I use snow tires in the winter so I don't add up the mileage on my all seasons. I like them and based on my recommendation, a co-worker bought them for his full sized GMC pickup. He is happy with them in the non-winter seasons. Not a great snow tire for his 2WD truck, but hey...

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
This post helped me, as I'm actively looking for tires for the Sierra, and these are available in load range 'E', which is spec for the 1500HD. So thank you for waking up this thread!

This tire is now on my shortlist -- it seems to be a very well-liked tire (here & elsewhere). As mentioned here (& elsewhere), its main shortcoming seems to be snow. But I'm planning on mostly using it where snow...ain't :wink:

On edit - found them at Pep Boys for $86.24 /ea on sale (plus install charges). And $40 addn'l coming back from Kuhmo. Couldn't pass that up - ordered up a set!

Last edited:
Reactions: C-ya and xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher