Kits for Envoy equipped with air ride?

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Ok, so I'm over my whole lifting phase, and decided I want to lower my 07 Envoy. Just about every kit I looked at says "for non air ride". What's the deal with this? Could it be done with additional parts outside the kit?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
So you have air ride?....correct? So does my tbss. Dont let that scare you.
Edit:
You can adjust the air bags to lower the rear end. Tons of guys do it. Look up the "how to" on you tube. Or get rid of the air ride all together and use springs with lowering shocks. Tony sells a 30.5 custom kit that he had spun just for him (and us) to lower the back end. Lowest you can go with a little travel.(I have this rear kit)
Upfront go with coilovers or djm lowering struts. Dont do lowering springs. Also get tonys modified upper control arms to fix balljoint and alignment issues when lowering these pigs.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Air ride, or rear air bags? As far as i can tell, with rear bags you just remove them and use the lowering springs in the kit as replacements. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
JamesL3 said:
Air ride, or rear air bags? As far as i can tell, with rear bags you just remove them and use the lowering springs in the kit as replacements. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Your right on James. But you can leave the bags in and adjust the sensors for a cheaper route.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
jrSS said:
So you have air ride?....correct? So does my tbss. Dont let that scare you.
Edit:
You can adjust the air bags to lower the rear end. Tons of guys do it. Look up the "how to" on you tube. Or get rid of the air ride all together and use springs with lowering shocks. Tony sells a 30.5 custom kit that he had spun just for him (and us) to lower the back end. Lowest you can go with a little travel.(I have this rear kit)
Upfront go with coilovers or djm lowering struts. Dont do lowering springs. Also get tonys modified upper control arms to fix balljoint and alignment issues when lowering these pigs.

Tony is Norcal SS if you didn't know. I just got a quote for mine, now just acquiring the funds....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online