NEED HELP Keyless entry issues

Millerame

Original poster
Oct 18, 2020
Winston Salem NC
I have a 2006 Trailblazer it has the keyless entry system all fuses are good to go. I've followed the remote entry programing steps. The locks cycle but then nothing. I have been looking into the issues with the loft gate module issues but the rear wiper, defogger and all inside lock and unlock buttons work. I can still use the key to unlock the driver side door and the loft gate. Locks engage and disengage as they should. I bought the vehicle second hand, one previous owner and he stated the fob battery had dies and he never replaced it. I replaced that battery as well as purchased two new remotes. Any ideas?

Feb 6, 2020
Florida
Look at the lock actuator and make sure it's attached to lock mechanism. Weird all doors would cycle but actually not unlock bit I've had stranger things happen to me.. that's where I would start 1st. Hope it helps and keep us posted there are several members here that are willing to help and offer advice..

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I have a 2006 Trailblazer it has the keyless entry system all fuses are good to go. I've followed the remote entry programing steps. The locks cycle but then nothing. I have been looking into the issues with the loft gate module issues but the rear wiper, defogger and all inside lock and unlock buttons work. I can still use the key to unlock the driver side door and the loft gate. Locks engage and disengage as they should. I bought the vehicle second hand, one previous owner and he stated the fob battery had dies and he never replaced it. I replaced that battery as well as purchased two new remotes. Any ideas?

The instructions can be a little confusing, depending on where you got them, as I originally thought I had trouble, too.

After the locks cycle, to indicate the vehicle has entered the programming mode, hold the button on the remote down, until they cycle again. It takes several seconds for the first remote (maybe all, but I can't remember). Don't just press the button and immediately release it -- you'll hear only silence, as a result.

Try that, and see if it helps.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
After the locks cycle, to indicate the vehicle has entered the programming mode, hold the button on the remote down, until they cycle again. It takes several seconds for the first remote

I think I remember having to hold down BOTH lock and unlock buttons on the keyfob(s) for as long as 30 seconds or so?

Reactions: ek02 and Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I think I remember having to hold down BOTH lock and unlock buttons on the keyfob(s) for as long as 30 seconds or so?

Right - the appropriate button(s), as they may be. But thanks for confirming that they have to be held down for a good long while. I'm betting that's the OP's issue. Let's see :pictures:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.