Key Stuck in Ignition

UnionJack72

Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Hey guys, wasn't sure which sub-forum to put this in, as I don't think it's ignition related, but I could be wrong.

My key is getting stuck in the ignition when I have finished my drive, and want to exit the truck (TrailBlazer LS '07)

I have tried using my spare (hardly used/unworn) other key, so I don't think it's a worn key.

I can turn the ignition off, but 50% of the time I cannot turn the ignition to the fully off position to remove the key.

It can take a couple of minutes of wiggling and restarting the engine, putting the truck in and out of drive, pumping

brake, and using emergency brake, before I can take the key out.

The thing that seems to work the best is pressing the brake really hard 2 or 3 times, the suddenlty I can remove the key.
Often the brake gets to a point where it won't move anymore until I restart the engine, then I can pump the brakes again.

It does also not seem like a steering lock thing, where I can't turn the wheel.

On a side note, I also find the button on the (automatic) gear stick is really stiff in the mornings, and very hard to push

in before I can select "Drive".
I also find pumping the brakes or putting the E-brake on and off suddenly enables me to push the gear stick button in.

Are theses related in any way, and why can I not take my key out of the ignition half the time :confused:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Our trucks don't have the steering wheel lock.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online