Key fob unresponsive

Charliebrownwds

Original poster
Feb 1, 2018
Illinois
Hello guys im here once again. My trailblazer is not responding to the key fobs. I hace to unlock and lock my doors manually. What is the most common fix to this problem. Its been that way since i bought it 5 months ago.

Charliebrownwds

Original poster
Feb 1, 2018
Illinois
The key fob has a brand new battery. And i did purchase another key fob and replaced the battery as well. And still having issues its almost as if its not sending the signal over.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Were you able to read all the way down to the bottom of the linked page? If not... return to read it again and when the "Script Error" message in the upper Right Area of the Page presents itself... turn it off ....and then the remaining information will flow down from there with more symptoms described to compare with your own... and allow you more opportunities to investigate other things involved.

Last edited:

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
Did you program the new key fob? Note that you need to program BOTH key fobs at the same time. Here is the procedure:
Here is what WORKS:
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel and continue to hold down while doing steps 4 through 7 rapidly.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
5. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
6. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
8. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically to confirm it is now in remote programing or learning mode.
9. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take 20 to 30 seconds. Wait for door locks to cycle. The horn may beep.
10. Repeat step 9 for ALL additional car transmitters (including any existing transmitters).
11. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode. Locks may cycle again and horn may beep.
12. Test each transmitter.
If it didn't work, start from the top and don't exit programming mode (step 11) until you have programmed ALL remotes.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Does your rear wiper and rear defrost work? If not you may have a cracked wire in the lift gate boot.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah my first thought is if they won't program then your LGM may not be talking to stuff (it handles the keyfobs, for some reason), and usually when the LGM isn't responding to things it is because the wiring in the boot has a broken wire.

Larry101

Sep 29, 2022
Illinois
I have a trailblazer too. Mine has been acting like this very seldom and randomly since i got water into the master window controls(none of them work now lol). As for your key fob of it just randomly stopped working woth no warning its probably not a dead keyfob battery.
So here are a few solutions
1.check keyfob battery
2. Check car battery
3. Check bluetooth or any other alarm systems that may be interfering with the transmitter.
4. Check if back windows wipers and defrost work. Could be fuse
4. THE ONE that worked for me play with the ignition switch with your key. So move the key to on without starting the truck and turn it back to off while pressing the lock or unlock button simultaneously. Once your key catches up or it starts unlocking and locking then you know it worked. I have no more problems with it per say.
Its definitely something electrical.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I have a trailblazer too. Mine has been acting like this very seldom and randomly since i got water into the master window controls(none of them work now lol). As for your key fob of it just randomly stopped working woth no warning its probably not a dead keyfob battery.
So here are a few solutions
1.check keyfob battery
2. Check car battery
3. Check bluetooth or any other alarm systems that may be interfering with the transmitter.
4. Check if back windows wipers and defrost work. Could be fuse
4. THE ONE that worked for me play with the ignition switch with your key. So move the key to on without starting the truck and turn it back to off while pressing the lock or unlock button simultaneously. Once your key catches up or it starts unlocking and locking then you know it worked. I have no more problems with it per say.
Its definitely something electrical.
You do realize that the post prior to yours is almost 5 years old. Keep an eye on the dates prior to you posting.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online