Key Fob question after Bravada was stolen

Juicy K

Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Long story short, Bravada was stolen at work Friday morning. By tracking my phone we gave the cops an idea where to look. They found it but it had to get towed because my only key was taken out of it. Got the key code and key cut at the dealership, got key fobs off amazon they are now programmed. My big question is since I programmed these new ones has the truck forgotten my old remote? I hope so because they obviously know where I work. I tried to look this up but have found nothing but how to program them. As always thank you guys.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I would probably get it re-keyed as well.

Programming instructions ( steps how program a keyless entry remote) below

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the GM remote transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory if not reprogrammed during the same programming procedure. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again with new remote.

1. Close all vehicle doors.

2. Insert the key into the ignition.

3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel and -continue to hold down until instructed to release.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically to confirm remote programing or learning mode.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.

11. Repeat the previous step for each additional car transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

Reactions: Juicy K

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
IIRC, it can have up to 4 remotes in memory. So if you had 2 already programmed from the factory and you program 2 more, then all 4 would work. I'd do the programming with the same remotes again to hopefully overwrite the old ones.

And I would also get new keys for doors and ignition. Too easy for the douche to find your truck again at your work.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm not 100% sure on but for my Silverado (2003, similar technology) each and every fob has to be programmed during the learn process or it's invalid and useless iirc.

Reactions: djthumper

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
You will be fine.
As Mounce said, you need to program ALL your fobs at the same time, as all the previous codes are erased.

Follow the instructions, and you will do just fine. Check each fob afterwards. Remember to not go out of programming mode until ALL your fobs are programmed. Each time you enter programming mode, it erases all the old codes.

Juicy K

Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Got it done my two new fobs work much better than my original did. Thanks for the assurance. All the years it was primarily stock nothing happened to it, but not long after the lift this asshole steals my truck. But lesson learned. Keep enjoying it until the wheels fall off. 😂. Thanks again guys.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Glad you recovered the vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online