Kenwood eXcelon install

Shaw520

Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Installed this Kenwood eXcelon head system in the TB today, purchased it from Crutchfield as I have used them many times before, I like crutchfeild because they set you up to your vehicle with proper harnesses and interface. In this case its the Crux pictured below that retains all factory functions and chimes, AND (drum roll) the chime volume is totally adjustable, probably one of the best features of the entire system, because I hated how loud the chime was, even on the low volume setting it was WAY to loud!!. Anyways, this system is awesome and interfaces with my Android device for phone, music, CD DVD, internet, pictures, navigation and more then I have even discovered yet.! The install was surprisingly easy, the mic for the phone I mounted in the dash and works great. Also has a USB cord for direct hookup or connecting a flash drive ect. It has backup camera feature which I'll be installing over the weekend. eXcelelon.jpgcrux.jpg

Last edited:

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Do the chimes come through the speakers or does the interface have its own chime speaker?

Kenwoods excelon line is the only one I would ever purchase again. I currently have an ancient DNX-9140. The 40 second boot up time sucks on it but it suits my wants in sound quality.

Shaw520

Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
The chime comes through the interface's little box that sits behind the dash,..and has a volume control screw. I have it set a nearly the lowest setting and can still hear it. Ive always had fantastic luck with Kenwood products,...been buying them for my vehicles for as long as I can remember, the eXcelon series is supposed to be higher end, Kenwood has a music play app that is supposed to work through your phone via bluetooth for creating music play list ect. I just down loaded the app to my phone but havnt tried it out yet.

Shaw520

Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
So i got to wondering if the oem bose that i took out had any resale value, and to my surprise they are selling on ebay for 85-165 bucks for used/locked ones, and $225+ for used/unlocked..ill assume mine is locked to my vehicle...just thought id put it out here in order to gain any info you guys might know, or even for a possible offer for a member here.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online