Keep up the good work-good community here

Yendor

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Well, it is time to say good bye. My wife had a run in with a dumpster yesterday morning. The result was 4 stitches and a totaled 2006 Envoy Denali. I had just replaced the brakes and shocks/struts over the past 2 months and the truck was running great with about 118,000 miles on her. The construction dumpster was set on the road with didn't have any reflective strips on it. We drove past it last night and even knowing where it was we could barely see it.

The adjuster looked at it this morning, $12k+ in damages, so he totaled it out. Since GM decided that no one wanted a capable mid size SUV we are forced into finding something outside of the GM family of vehicles. Tahoes are too big and anything smaller will not tow our 5,500lb camper comfortably, and the wife doesn't want a truck. Looks like we will be buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a tow package and a V8. We are still up in the air about it though.

This website has great information and an awesome core of users that are always helpful. Thank you!

PS-GM bring back the Trailblazer/Envoy that can tow 6500lbs

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
Sorry to hear that!
Good thing no body was hurt...badly

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Any particular reason why you don't want another Envoy? I know if anything ever happened to my SS, I would get another SS or possibly a 9-7 Aero. (newer, of course)

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Good choice. My next SUV will be a grand cherokee. Sorry to hear about the accident. Any chance of reimbursement for their negligence?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'd say get another! That's what I plan on doing when mine bites the dust.

Yendor

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
If I could buy a new Envoy I would, after all the work I just did on our truck I don't feel like peeling another one open to do repairs that it would need. I don't trust anyone to take care of a vehicle the way that I do. I need to be able to tow a camper and have a vehicle that is reliable. My wife commutes about 70 miles every day. We have a soft budget of $45k. I would not trust a used vehicle that much.

We cleaned it out yesterday and as I stood and looked in it I realized that the seats are damn near perfect. We take great care of our vehicles. Last winter we took a friend to lunch and he asked what year out Envoy was, when we told him 2006 and that we were looking to replace it over the next year he said, "I will pay whatever you are offered for this vehicle. This looks new still." We always did the maintenance and fluid replacements on time. The truck ran as smooth as ice and with the new shocks and struts was as comfortable as ever. My wife was very sad to say goodbye to it yesterday.

Yendor

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
I don't like to buy used vehicles. I take extremely good care of my vehicles and I don't trust that others do. Yes, I know enthusiasts on this board do, but most of the vehicles on the road are driven by people that believe they are for getting you from point A to point B and as long as they do that who cares what it looks like, smells like or if all of the maintenance is done. Ask at work when the last time the guy sitting next to you had his transmission flushed and serviced, chances are they will say never.

We said goodbye yesterday and the wife was very sad. I told her that the interior still looked new.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86