NEED HELP Keep breaking sway bar end links

07Denali

Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Been replacing my end links about every month or so, one will break usually shearing off one side and leaving the stud still in the mount. Luckily I am running the Napa premium part so I get a free replacement but am getting tired of the hassle. Last month I installed new proper size sway bar bushings and new end links. Yesterday backing out of the driveway WHACK! I knew one broke so looked and yup it was the passenger side this time. Anyways Id like to know any thing I should look into? And I'm not driving it that hard guys lol I usually have my 10 month old daughter with me. Its the 2007 Envoy Denali 4x4 Bilstein shocks with new mounts 1.5 years ago. it rides straight but my Napa guy suggested an alignment?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
2015-09-18 22.52.16.jpg 2015-09-18 22.54.04.jpg

These solved that similar issues for me Although the other 2 sets I installed before these didn't break they just stripped the nut through or the bushing feel apart.

Reactions: littleblazer

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I think 07 may still have the ball and socket link design though.

Sounds to me like the NAPA links are garbage if they're breaking like that. Are you sure you have the correct ones on there, like you don't have rears on the fronts or vice versa, something that would put extra stress on the link by being the wrong length?

My truck burns through links once every year or two it seems but they just get noisy because the ball gets loose in the socket.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
*knocks on wood* if you have the ball and socket type I have the moog. They've been on there for almost 3 years now and 30k miles... if you have the straight version then I really don't know. I knw the sierra bends them all the time buy that truck climbs curbs regularly and weighs much more than its stock counterpart.

07Denali

Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
I have the ball socket type and have replaced probably 4 links so far in the last year. the Napa premium ones do seem to be garbage since I keep breaking them. Im interested in the maxxlinks end links too. They are the proper ones they fit fine and I use blue loc tite and torque em on tight.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I replaced mine with Mevotec endlinks and those failed within the first month. No matter what I did, the 18mm bolts kept backing out. I got lucky and the dealer replaced both free of charge when doing my status and LCA'S. They said it was a safety issue with me pulling out of their lot with shitty endlinks. I would almost take it to a shop so every time they fail, it's their deal. :smile:

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
I've always found luck with Moog and ACDelco Professional. My truck's were really bad when they came off at 136k miles. Unless you drive on truly garbage roads then you should be alright with the AC Delco Advantage, usually found cheapest on RockAuto or Amazon.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Best bet is to build your own

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
Does anyone have a part number(s) for the Sway bar end links (the straight ones)? I was putting on new rotors and brakes on my 2008 Saab 9-7x 5.3i yesterday and noticed the passenger side end link was broken at the bottom. Online all I see are the offset ones like my 05 Rainier had.
sway bar end link.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
You can always just walk into autozone, pepboys or napa and grab the ones I have. My brother-in-laws tbss broke in the same spot and we replaced with the same ones I've got on my 08 and so far so good on both trucks. Sorry I don't have a part # but you'd just need to measure the length of the inner portion and they would give you what you need.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@Mike w they don't have the 08/09 style of front end links from what I'm going off of on the pictures and discription.

EDIT...If there is something better out there to replace what I have now I would of already had them on my Voy.

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
@Mike w they don't have the 08/09 style of front end links from what I'm going off of on the pictures and discription.

EDIT...If there is something better out there to replace what I have now I would of already had them on my Voy.

Well, I've found some more options: MEVOTECH Supreme MK 6629 $4.92 each and MOOG K6629 so far Rockauto with shipping is the cheapest.. still checking
MK6629 MEVOTECH.jpg Moog Stablizer link.jpg

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@Martyelzz4 unfortunately for me I didn't have any luck with either of those. Mevotech is crap btw there upper ball joints that I replaced are already shot there popping and the boots are torn.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I can also attest to Mevotech's junk. I got a cracked tie rod from them once and the boots for their ball joints don't stay although this is just simple end links. Bolts would probably break.

Reactions: xavierny25

blautens

Jan 2, 2013
I can also attest to Mevotech's junk. I got a cracked tie rod from them once and the boots for their ball joints don't stay although this is just simple end links. Bolts would probably break.

Crap...I just got a Mevotech for the front driver's side (gonna put it on tomorrow). But after a Raybestos Pro only lasting me 6 months, then an AC Delco Pro only lasting about 10, both for a TOTAL of about 2000 miles, I thought I'd try - not quite the cheapest, but maybe close. Maybe there's something about getting towed a lot that keeps turning them into limp noodles.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online