Just joined after enjoying your site

Expeditor

Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Nashville
Just joined your great site. I have been reading for the past three weeks decided to take the plunge. I have a 03 Envoy with a bad engine, bought it real cheap to fix myself. Hope to learn and share my experience with the rest of the members. Thanks for the opportunity to join your group.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! I have experience in swapping an engine in these. It's fun! :crazy:

Reactions: Expeditor

Expeditor

Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Nashville
Welcome! I have experience in swapping an engine in these. It's fun! :crazy:
Ahhhhh the legendary Mooseman, Thanks to you I have gathered many publications that will surely come in handy. Thanks so much. Yeah the engine is out now. Deciding whether to buy re manufacture or rebuild myself. I believe the crank is toast. Spun number 6 rod bearing.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is a thread somewhere regarding getting an engine at a pick-n-pull or a regular used one but for a Turbo build. Not sure if anyone actually completed a rebuild here.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
mail
mail
Welcome
mail

In case you haven't heard:
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/welcome-to-gmtnation-com-heres-the-story.218/

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
My comment is just a running joke to new folks. Often folks will mention they have a problem, but without any codes or useful info or history. So we often say first get throttle body cleaned out and what codes are showing. Good to hear something "simple" caused the codes and easily rectified on your engine.

Expeditor

Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Nashville
My comment is just a running joke to new folks. Often folks will mention they have a problem, but without any codes or useful info or history. So we often say first get throttle body cleaned out and what codes are showing. Good to hear something "simple" caused the codes and easily rectified on your engine.
Ha Ha, that is funny, I do have a problem with no codes, Its called a spun rod bearing. Will have to look for a new or used crank.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Expeditor

Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Nashville
Did you clean the throttle body and disconnect the battery? :biggrin:
Sure did, removed the TB and then the battery. Cleaned the TB and before installing made sure battery was connected and ignition on. :smile:. Just like HVAC actuators, wanted to make sure TB was calibrated. lol

Just kidding folks, please don't do it the above way.

Reactions: Redbeard

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome Aboard the "Good Ship" GMTN...

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I think the guys, in their great effort of teasing, forgot about the extra red wire at the battery....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online