...Just Bought Another Silverado

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This truck showed up very local to me for only $,7,700.00 +Tax Tag & Title and with only around 72,654 Miles in its 18 years and being a One Owner Truck… it is quite obvious from its level of TLC and handling that it must have been Garage Stored it and he managed to take superb care of it. I could not resist making this the “Pick-Up of The Litter” and grabbing The Baton with the serious intention of giving it a similar kind of Truck Owner; one who has only occasional and light use needs to consider. The Online Dealer Images fail to really do justice to how nice this vehicle looks… but it was dark by the time I drove it home this evening and will take some daylight images tomorrow.

Of course … Having done my ‘due diligence’ with many on-line searches… There were many other similar later model and sized Chevrolet Pick Up Trucks around that abound with Double the Mileage and Double the Price of this one… But I paid Cash for it out-right this evening and I am glad I made the deal. This vehicle is just Beyond Super Clean...and is so quiet and vibration free that you have to listen to it very closely once the engine is started to even know that it is running! The Paint is a Deep Blue Metal Flake...and there are no indications that this Truck was ever used for heavy work and is completely Rust Free underneath, as well. So I guess I am back in the Silverado Owners Group again and I must say…. After giving away my last Silverado to my Son as a Gift… I feel good about making this Paid In Full cash purchase today and once again...putting myself back in the Driver’s Seat in a Chevrolet with a smooth running 5.3L SFI Engine and and equally smooth shifting 4 Speed Automatic Transmission!

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60dgrzbelow0/library/2000SILVERADO?sort=3&page=1

Reactions: Mooseman

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Decent deal. It's ridiculous the value Silverado's hold. I WANTED to pay about $5k for one but it just wasn't possible unless it was a model from the 80's. Found mine and it was near mint and hopped on it. Paid what I said I'd NEVER pay for one but got it for the same price from a lot that private sellers were asking for theirs with over 200 thousand miles. Mine had 107k when I got it. Best one (pricing VS mileage) for sale in town when I purchased. And I checked everywhere.

Anyways, welcome back to the full-size club haha.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks Brother.... I wanted to say "You have NOOO000ooooo Idea How Relieved I am to be able to do this at this time of my life...." But I really think You DO! I could NOT be happier if I was TWINS! LOL

Last edited:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Oh yeah. We're probably 30 years difference in age but sounds like we totally experienced the same disbelief in our purchases haha.

Every now and then things fall into place and workout.

Reactions: mrrsm

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You could help beef up our Full size forum. I haven't done that much to mine for posting.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If that suggestion was meant for me, Larry... I'll be happy to contribute. As soon as I can clear all of the leaves off the vacant spot on my driveway and get this "Time Machine" of mine parked... I'll take a whole new series of "Beef Cake" photos and post them over in the Full Size Truck Forum. This vehicle sports the modest LM7 Power Plant that featured using the Cathedral Port Heads that breathed a bit better and NO Flex-Fuel use. So I also want to get some more close ups of the Under Hood areas showing whether or not it looks as good 'neath the skin as it otherwise does, inside and out. I'll soon be plugging in the "GYMKO" Tech2 Clone and get a peek at what sort of things this Truck has been up to during its long, but gently used existence as recorded inside the PCM and observe how it runs and performs in the present.

I found the OEM Owner's Manual in the Glove Box and the Business Cards indicate the Truck was Brand New back in 2000 and sold from Dimmitt Chevrolet up in Clearwater, Florida and then apparently driven up to his home in nearby Tarpon Springs, Florida. He must not have ventured anywhere near the Northern Salted Highways based upon checking the "Average Mileage" Math on the current low miles of 72,564 vs.the 18 Years that have passed since the Date of Manufacture. So it appears that this One Owner, Light Duty Pick-Up Truck was only driven an average of 10 Miles Per Day for its entire life. When you look at it sitting there... it gives you the feeling of going... "Back >>>>> To the Future!

"Marty---- When this Baby Hits 88 MPH... You're Gonna See Some Serious Sh*t...!" :>)

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay.... After a bit of "Shoe-Horning" ...everything finally fits in the Driveway right now... and there will be more room as soon as the 2002 Trailblazer is back on the road in the hands of another Owner. My Wife's Nissan Altima 3.5S has "First Dibs" on THAT parking spot. Here are some additional images of this (18) Year Old Truck... but you'd never know it to look at it. As I sat in the cab of the truck this morning and enjoyed the Ice Cold A/C... I came to realize that while it is very soul-satisfying to help others to get their own rides back on the road... I had forgtotten what it was like to be able to enjoy driving one myself... and do so... for as long as I can. This 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 will more than allow me the chance to do just that. :>)

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60dgrzbelow0/library/2000SILVERADO?sort=3&page=1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online