Last edited:
Reactions: dmanns67 and Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No way!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Basically they got greedy and were unceremoniously dumped. We just don't have the money for it.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It flat out sucks really.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Tapatalk was getting worse with each new update anyways

I agree. Updates were a joke. Could not upload a pic for two years.

When GMTN dropped Tapa, so did I. After using the mobile site for some time now, its definitely much better than CrapaTalk.

Reactions: xavierny25

VWChris

Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Pnw
I don't know how your experience went. But I've been using it with vwvortex since they joined and it's the easiest thing in the world. But then again vortex has deep pockets.

Anyways. That's a bummer. Mobile sites fine.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
The mobile site is fine imo , however it is still rediculous trying to upload photos. Have to crop and save as low quality on every single pic. It is just not worth the trouble. The simplicity of tapatalk was a beautiful thing to me. Imo

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
It's just a crock of shit to charge the forums for access. I say update the app and require purchase of the app making the user pay for it, not the forum.

The app did have a free and paid version back in the day, but of course like all other apps, your payment was only good for an ad free app. Then tapa ended up getting rid of the paid app for whatever reason.

I agree, it would make more sense to have the user pay for the benefits of the app versus the forum.

Uploading pics is a pain, but I ended up downloading a photo compress app which makes it easier to upload on the mobile site.

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
I had it when I was on Swedespeed all the time. It consistently crashed, even on an iPhone. If I'm not updating my build thread, I use the mobile site which is actually very high quality.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The mobile site is fine imo , however it is still rediculous trying to upload photos. Have to crop and save as low quality on every single pic. It is just not worth the trouble. The simplicity of tapatalk was a beautiful thing to me. Imo
I only had upload issues since the update, full sized photos won't even upload from the PC I have to down size them so much. It doesn't seem to auto re-size anymore if that makes sense.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online