Joe Paterno has lost his battle with Lung Cancer

Fishhunter911

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Rest in Peace Joe Paterno! You will be missed. May you continue to coach football in the Heavens. You were an awesome human being.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:
Rest in Peace Joe Paterno! You will be missed. May you continue to coach football in the Heavens. You were an awesome human being.

Its such a sad ending to such a legendary life. I dont think he lost his battle with cancer...i think he died of a broken heart. Rest in peace joe pa you wont be forgotten

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
Its such a sad ending to such a legendary life. I dont think he lost his battle with cancer...i think he died of a broken heart. Rest in peace joe pa you wont be forgotten

I agree. Such a sad ending to such a rich life.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:

I agree. I think recent events took their toll on him.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
a great loss in the world of college sports... just truely sad that his legacy is tarnished with the events at the end of last year... even on the news this morning, they said "Joe Paterno has passed away at the age of 85. Paterno, who was fired from Penn State amidst the Sandusky Sex scandal last year..." just aweful that they would say that while reporting such a great coach... R.I.P. Jo Pa..

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Let's not forget this guy turned a blind eye to what was going on up there. Anybody that can look the other way when something like that is going on is despicable in my book. Great coach? Sure. Great person? Not a chance.

Fishhunter911

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
He did not turn a blind eye. He did what is/was required of him to do. HIS bosses and the DA are the ones who turned a blind eye. What else was he to do when the Police and DA did not pursue it any further.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:
He did not turn a blind eye. He did what is/was required of him to do. HIS bosses and the DA are the ones who turned a blind eye. What else was he to do when the Police and DA did not pursue it any further.

sometimes "what is/was required"... is not enough. there are times when turning a blind eye really has no negative repercussions. this was not one of those times. more could have been done. firing sandusky for one. pressuring the police for action for another. anything to make it stop. sometimes we need to take the extra step. without question.

Fishhunter911

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Until all of the FACTS have been presented no one knows how far Paterno went, guess he is guilty until proven innocent.

Some people just amaze me.

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
it's a FACT that he admitted knowing something had happened. he then passed the problem on to someone else. the problem then got swept under the rug and left there for years. he could have done more. he already admitted that that was all he did. start amazing yourself and realize his role in this story. sure, he had achievements; they don't make up for his folly.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Fishhunter911 said:
Some people just amaze me.

Me too. Like the kind of person that would think his actions are OK.

Let's say you witnessed someone abusing a CHILD at your workplace. You told your boss because you felt it was wrong. Your boss proceeds to do nothing about the situation. Would you let it go and feel good about it because you went through the chain of command? I'm not saying he was guilty of anything other than what he himself admitted to, I'm just saying that a man in his position could have done MUCH more than he did. I know that this is a sore subject, but let's not make this man out to be a saint just because he's dead now.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
hey hey hey... too soon to talk about paterno

you should do like he did and not say anything for ten years

i don't care for the guy. i'm not the type of guy who idolizes coaches or players. i base my judgement on HIS OWN grand jury testimony. not someone else's. he didn't did his duty as a man. its disgusting. if you think winning stupid football games is more important, what can i tell ya...

so lets all have a moment of silence. keep your shower activities to a whimper

don't like paterno jokes? ignore them. walk away, make believe nothing happened.

Fishhunter911

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.......

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Okay, the man died. Regardless of what people feel about his career, what he did...or didn't do, his abilities as a coach...as a man...whatever...
Let's show some respect for the passing of a fellow human being. Let his family, friends and those who loved him have time to grieve without dwelling on the things he did wrong in life. :twocents:

gotspeed1

Dec 3, 2011
:iagree: Let's remember that he doesn't have to hear about it anymore. His family are the ones grieving and deserve the respect and privacy of us all. To those who believe, you know that he is truly being judged now, our judgements mean nothing. Rest in Peace Joe Pa.

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
I'm not saying I support Joe's actions, but part of me thinks there's more to the story:undecided:, and part of it we'll never know.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online