WANTED J-44586 Seal Extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PProph

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
At my wits end with every method I can find trying to get a the pressure line power steering seal out of my rack. If anyone ever bought this tool for one job and is sitting on it looking to get a few dollars out of it please let me know! Will pay a reasonable amount, just not looking to spend the 150-200 wanted on ebay. I am in Canada so that might affect shipping. Reply or message me, thanks much!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hit up @eightshot627 via PM. When I googled the tool number, one of the first results was his post from 2015 indicating that he bought this, and would be amenable to selling it (no indication on final disposition).

Even better... he was on the site yesterday, according to his member profile.

Reactions: Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
I used a coarse thread bolt and screwed it in just a turn or two and it pulled it out after several tries...You do need to make sure you dont scratch/scar the walls though...

PProph

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Believe me i've tried all that, this thing is stuck down as far as it can go. I've hooked in behind it with picks and it won't budge, I've screwed into it and it won't pull. This thing is in there.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
I didnt try it but it crossed my mind just to put the new one on top of the old 1 screw it down and see what happened.

PProph

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I'm an idiot, the seal is already out. Thanks to @Reprise for suggesting to contact @eightshot627 , who was actually going to sell me the tool he still had until I realized my mistake today. Appreciate everyone's help, sometimes there's just no helping stupid.

Mods can feel free to close or delete this thread. Thanks again.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Waaaaiiitaminit... After all of that, we're not going to hear the details of your 'idiocy' ? That's what we're HERE for, dammit! LOL

Seriously... what happened???

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Its an easy mistake to make. When you look into the 2 holes 1 looks different from the other. If I hadnt had 3 racks laying around to compare with each other Id probably still be trying to dig out a seal also...

PProph

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
That's precisely it, I thought the seal was still in there because I didn't see it land anywhere when I popped it out. I looked in and the 2 inlets looked different, I assumed the seal was still in. I didn't realize they're supposed to look different, I'm guessing the pressure line has a valve of some sort at the base of the inlet that I mistook for a seal. I've probably hooped my rack at this point trying to pry out a seal that didn't exist but I'm going to put it all together and hope for the best.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
:Banghead:

:lock_it:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher