I've lurked long enough

Magyver

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've had my 2003 TB for almost exactly a year now, and between the site we're not supposed to mention and this one I've gained a ton of knowledge that has guided me through several repairs that would have been tricky if I had to figure it all out myself. I got a great deal on it but it needed quite a bit of usual maintenance items. No biggie, I'd rather do the work and know that there are brand new parts on it rather take someone's word for it. Shocks/struts, front and rear pads rotors, a wheel bearing, and all new tie rod ends for good measure. It runs awesome after a throttle body cleaning new plugs ans a fuel filter.I'm not much for spending huge coin for lots of height or lots of speed but I do like to make functional improvements, like HID (just got a set) and keeping everything in perfect shape mechanically. I depend on it for work so its gotta be working right. I'm sure there's a 2" spacer lift in the near future but I doubt I'll be springing for bigger tires/wheels. Looks better a tad higher and doesn't cost too much. Everyone is pretty laid back here, which is how it should be. Glad to be here!

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Welcome to the Nation! Glad you decided to chime in, no one bites here, that we know of :undecided: Lots of good people eager to help so pull up a chair and stay a while.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation :thumbsup:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Welcome over to the Nation! Much better here! :wootwoot:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome!

One thing I should mention, though. We have NO FEAR of saying the name TRAILVOY here!

They fear us and our non-profit mission. Threatens their greed.

But the writing, content, pictures, and archives at TRAILVOY are entirely from folks HERE or who would be here if they still had their vehicles. We have no issues with saying their name, discussing their current state of lamity, or inviting people over. Of course, the greedy corporate owners of the site now resist this, try to keep noobs in the dark and unhelped, and don't care a whit about individual owners or their critical technical questions.

Shame on them.

But not in silence.

SHAME ON TRAILVOY.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
One thing I should mention, though. We have NO FEAR of saying the name TRAILVOY here!
took the words out of my mouth. trailvoy is a good resource for information; we should know, we put it there! :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome :tiphat:

noxcuse

Dec 18, 2012
Welcome

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Welcome!! It is WAY better here, even if some of us do bite :raspberry:

Magyver

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
the roadie said:
Welcome!

They fear us and our non-profit mission. Threatens their greed.

But the writing, content, pictures, and archives at TRAILVOY are entirely from folks HERE or who would be here if they still had their vehicles. We have no issues with saying their name, discussing their current state of lamity, or inviting people over. Of course, the greedy corporate owners of the site now resist this, try to keep noobs in the dark and unhelped, and don't care a whit about individual owners or their critical technical questions.

Shame on them.

But not in silence.

SHAME ON TRAILVOY.

LOL!! OK stop mincing words already and just say what you really think! I joined that site and did notice a sudden drop in members, then one day I got a message about this place and the way it was worded made me a tad skeptical so I watched as a guest for a while before I joined, and I see a lot of names I recognize from over there (including yours). I guess I wasn't around long enough to understand exactly what the issues are but I do notice less ads here. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome!

Old Coot

Jan 2, 2013
Greetings from MinneSNOWta!

Pull up a stump and set a spell, here, I'll pour you some tea and listen to a couple of your tales.:smile: Do you care for any sugar or cream?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online