It's about time!

flyboy2610

Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.

From the article:
"After years of planning and construction"
Years? Try decades! The initial concept for this was conceived in the 1960's!
Former President Ronald Reagan once said that the scariest words in the English language are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."
This will help to alleviate a lot of heavy truck traffic Lincoln. Highway 2, which runs through south Lincoln, is used by trucks as a shortcut to go from Interstate 80 to southbound Interstate 29 in Iowa. Otherwise they have to go to Omaha to cross the Missouri river to get to I-29.
At least it's finally done.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
That Hwy 2 is really annoying too. I took it several times when I went thru there. Company had a terminal there. Truck Traffic is always horrid there.

flyboy2610

Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
As the late Wendy Bagwell used to say "Now, this is a fact with my hand up if I had to die tonight!"
Back in the early winter of 2000 I was in training with Werner Enterprises driving an 18 wheeler all over everywhere. My trainer at the time was a guy named Kelvin (like the scientific measurement). We were coming across Nebraska eastbound on I-80 and had to go southbound on I-29. I don't remember where we were headed.
He told me to go through Omaha and catch I-29 south. I told him "You don't need to do that. Just cut across on Hwy. 2 and catch I-29." He replied "I don't like driving on 2 lane highways if I can avoid it." I told him that once you get out of Lincoln Hwy. 2 is a 4 lane divided highway all the way through Nebraska. "Are you sure about that?" "Kelvin, you need to remember: I live here!" "Oh that's right. I forgot about that. OK, I'm gonna trust you on this."
Once we got on I-29 south he told me "Thank you! You just taught me something that's going to save me 2 hours every time I come through here!"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online