Isuzu Ascender Tails on a Envoy?

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I know this has been discussed at some point, but I think it might have been over "at that other place".

What all is involved in putting the Ascender tails on the Envoy? I have the option to snag some up cheap, and if I get this 06 Envoy Denali, would like to have them

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
I would be surprised if it was more involved than just swapping out the housing.... but I honestly don't know.
Following, because I have the same question, but for Rainer/Saab taillights into a Bravada.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well I know its a bit more involved on the Ascender tails, as the Reverse light is part of the tails, and unlike all the other American GMT's, the turn signal is orange (Europe they have to be orange).

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
The set I got from @stickypoop was already rewired to work on the Envoy. All I had to do was run a set of wires from the reverse light on the bumper up to the pigtails for the Ascender reverse light and I now have quad reverse lights.

This is what I believe is the wiring done to them. I can go open one of mine up to verify.
Wiring-Reconnected.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Well I know its a bit more involved on the Ascender tails, as the Reverse light is part of the tails, and unlike all the other American GMT's, the turn signal is orange (Europe they have to be orange).
D'oh.... I forgot all about the Envoy's reverse lights.
BTW: Bravada stock taillight turn is orange. That's one of the reason's I've held out as long as I have on replacing my lenses with Rainier lenses. That and the fact that I can't find any of them for a reasonable price.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.