Isuzu Ascender rear A/C turning on by itself

suncountry7

Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hi!
My wife has an Isuzu Ascender and the rear A/C is turning on by itself when the SUV is running. Then the rear A/C turns off after a while. Then on again then off. The rear A/C switch is in the off position on both consoles. And there is no poltergeist on the SUV :smile: There is no problem with the front A/C. What can I check. Thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome!

When you say the "A/C" turns on, do you mean the compressor under the hood cycles on and off, or the airflow blower?

Do you have a short wheelbase or an EXT long wheelbase? (I'm embarrassed to admit I forget if Isuzu offered the long wheelbase version)

If it's an EXT, does the rear blower ever run on after the ignition's turned off?

suncountry7

Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
the roadie said:
Welcome!

When you say the "A/C" turns on, do you mean the compressor under the hood cycles on and off, or the airflow blower?

Do you have a short wheelbase or an EXT long wheelbase? (I'm embarrassed to admit I forget if Isuzu offered the long wheelbase version)

If it's an EXT, does the rear blower ever run on after the ignition's turned off?

Both of them turns on. The rear A/C blows at maximum velocity then goes lower till it stops. It's an EXT and no the blower doesn't turn on with the ignition is in the off position. Only when the SUV is running. After a while it turns off by itself and then everything works as it should be, turns on with the switch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online