Issue with new stereo in 08 Silverado

KennyM

Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
Trouble6!
Hey yall I just found this site and from what I see I wished I had found yall sooner. I am deffinatly new to radio tech so please bear with me if the questions are dumb. Anyway I removed factory radio that is just a basic cd double din. I went with a jvc and ordered the Axxess Lan 01 and the Ascw-01 to keep from cutting up the wiring. One question is where to get the feed for the 12v + for the ignition to go to the acc wire cause I thought the red with white stripe was it but that is cont power that goes into that plug.? Also In the 14 pin plug -the pink wire from the axxess goes to the pin #13 in that plug for the steering wheel control. They told me for the 08 silverado that it would be the dark green wire.--- I am still having fits though with the acc plug for 12v when key turned on cause one second I have fire to the plug when I turn the key on and when turned off its like I am getting fire with key off. The Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-01 Wiring Interface plug along with the Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter actually had Revision tags on both.When I was trying to get it to sync the unit wasnt accepting the JVC radio. They say it should be 7 green lights and 5 red for the model of the radio. Mine was reading 7 and 7 which was rejecting it. I tried something different and when I went to try it again I must had screwed something up cause aI had fire going into the unit but they said to use the system to use the 12V power + and well , they was no power coming out. So crutchfield sent me another unit out cause I was honest I told them I screwed up. They are gonna try to see if they can trade it out for me but, I told them Id take care of it. They all been trying to help me from crutchfield to the company that makes the interface unit. I went ahead and got my speakers mounted in the doors and the sub under the seat( I guess thats what they call this thing)JVC CW-DRA8 .I got 4 0f these (one in each door) and this is the radio JVC KW-V250BT and this is the camera for the back Accele RVCLPMBS .
I seen today while surfing the net that I ran across a thread here that even though its not a truck or the year but close to the exact problem I got. I honestly dont know if the company has put revisions in since the thread was back in 2018 but do yall think that it may not be a bad idea to put a relay with this unit I have? and has any of yall ran into the plug with the redwire with white stripe being still hot after I turn the key off for a bit?Any help and advice would be much appreciated-heck come on down and Ill buy yall some good ole boiled mudbugs and some ice cold beer.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.