ISGM 655 iSimple?

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
I have a non-xm radio and was looking into getting the ISGM 655 but noticed you plug it into the xm plug on the back of the radio.
Can find any vehicle specific instructions but was wondering what exactly our plugs look like that I am looking for to make sure my radio can be programmed properly. I am also wondering if anyone in my situation has done this.

I came across this... http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/PGHGM5/3_Tech_Briefs/isgm575_tech_bulletin_080411.pdf

So my biggest question has been wondering what the plug looks like on the radio. I do have the band button so I am hoping for the best. I will write up a how to after this.

Thanks for any help.

stvrob

May 28, 2014
My 06 has the connector for the XM unit right behind the glove box. (I also figured out you can open the glovebox extra wide by simply pushing inward on the sides, so its way easier to get to than I thought)
Anyway, mine is a 7 pin plug with 6 wires, and it appears to be already connected to the head unit, ground, and 12 v thru fuse 41 at the rear fuse block. I've seen lots of sights on the Internet where people would splice into those wires and bring a 3.5 mm plug right up to the dash. However, all of those installations already have a XM radio installed. As you pointed out in a different thread, the Access to XM is apparently activated via a Tech 2 procedure. I wonder what would happen if you turned it on with the tool and there're was nothing there except you aux input signal? Anyone know?

Semborski

Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
stvrob said:
My 06 has the connector for the XM unit right behind the glove box. (I also figured out you can open the glovebox extra wide by simply pushing inward on the sides, so its way easier to get to than I thought)
Anyway, mine is a 7 pin plug with 6 wires, and it appears to be already connected to the head unit, ground, and 12 v thru fuse 41 at the rear fuse block. I've seen lots of sights on the Internet where people would splice into those wires and bring a 3.5 mm plug right up to the dash. However, all of those installations already have a XM radio installed. As you pointed out in a different thread, the Access to XM is apparently activated via a Tech 2 procedure. I wonder what would happen if you turned it on with the tool and there're was nothing there except you aux input signal? Anyone know?
I also took a look at that instance. The xm source will not show up if said device is not initialized properly, so there for the radio must sense a proper device connected to xm during programming with tech 2 to work properly. Cannot program the radio with the tech 2 without anything connected.

stvrob

May 28, 2014
It seems like such a simple thing to do. How come everything GM has to be so difficult?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunsmoke