Is you air filter really clean?

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I meant to post this awhile back, when I replaced my air filter after the winter, I was also trying to figure out my restricted PCV system...which in turn was a clogged screen on an oil catch can.

The filter looked fine the last time I had the airbox cover off so thought nothing of it...which was about a few weeks prior.

When I removed the filter, I was surprised at how heavy it was and figured that it could have been from the dusty road brine remnants I encountered throughout the winter...which is a fine white dust.

The media looks good, but I can barely see a glint of light coming through, and it tips the scales at a hefty 1.53 lbs.

Screenshot_20190508-163014_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-164637_Gallery.jpg
Small dirty area underneath

Screenshot_20190508-163036_Gallery.jpg
This filter was very restrictive, just some food for thought if the filter looks clean. Put it up to a bright light and see what it looks like.

This filter has about 8K miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Considering how long it's been since I changed mine, I'm sure it's got some goodies in it. Last time I changed my oil and looked at it, it looked like yours. So I just rotated it to move the dirty spot away from that intake tube at the front. :laugh:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online