Is this the fuel pressure test port?

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
The Haynes manual is just about useless on this truck...if I'm following the fuel line like I think I am...the fuel pressure test port is just above the alternator, almost in the center of this picture below. If so....I'm no genius obviously, but is it really a good idea to put something that could spew fuel right above the alternator? Should I have the local burn unit on standby?

As always, thanks...here's the pic
CAM00954_zps272234b6.jpg

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
If you look on the other side of the pcm you will see a green cap right up against the intake manifold. that is where you will find the fuel pressure port. it has a shrader valve so should be minimal fuel leakage.

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I thought that one was the EVAP service port? it appears to leadto the vent solenoid

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
thanks. apparently 2006 was the year Chevy decided to really screw with things.

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
With the way they have that SOB wedged in there, there's no way I can get my pressure gauge on the port without spewing gas everywhere. I've done this on other vehicles, I know a little spray is to be expected but this is stupid. I've instructed my wife to shoot me in the freaking head if I ever try to buy another GM product.

BUT, I do thank you for the help. This forum is awesome.
-Mike

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Didn't mention...went to pull the fuel pump relay...the casing comes off in my hand. the relay itself isn't visibly damaged. After I decided to abort the pressure test, I switched the relay with an identical one (WSW relay)...and now the truck won't start. Put the original relay back in place, still won't start.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
In your picture...on the fuel line where that funny connector with the retainer is... Is that a valve to the left of that wire loom? Because I'm pretty sure that the pipe with the green cap (on other side of pcm, closest to firewall) isn't for testing the fuel pressure because on my 04 I also have that pipe, yet the only place that you can test fuel pressure is at a test port by the fuel filter. On 06+ it's near the fuel pressure regulator.

But... Sounds like you've opened a can of worms now. Did you pull around on wires while trying to get to the port you were after? What are the symptoms of your "will not start?" Cranks but won't fire?

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
the connector by the wire loom just low and left of center is the fuel test port (I smelled the gas while trying to connect). the one with the green cap aft of the PCM is for the EVAP.

<Edit>
...nevermind. I'm an idiot. had the relay plugged into the wrong spot. this is why I don't work on my cars after 8:00...I start getting tired and stupid. I thank you very much for your willingness to help though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online