Is There a way to reprogram the Radio Frequencies?

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey guys,
My TB being Japanese I got Japanese radio frequencies which is basically useless in this region. Is there any way to reprogram this to other regions? I know german cars have this option into getting to the Service Menu so wondering if we got them too.

I know I know yes i'm planning on installing a HU soon but I'd also like to make use of the old HU and sell it :tongue:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Did you check the Owner's Manual? ISTR that feature, but I'm rushing out the door so I can't offer to be the PDF Search Bitch today and look it up for you. :wink:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I just looked at the owners manual and Moose's one that I downloaded and can't find any mention of that feature.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
A search through the shop manual also turned up nothing.:undecided:

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Yeh went through the manuals from moose and came up empty handed too! That sux! I know shops are reprogramming for cadillacs and other Chevrolet models but not the TB!

For a very popular vehicle here in Saudi Arabia they surely dont give it the attention it deserves!

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Yup knew it was Japanese. Had a General motors Japan sticker on it lol

They just recently started bringing US cars to the market mainly from Texas due to the similar climate. The American built cars that come here through dealers have Gulf specs and are different from the American models.

Radio frequencies, radiator size and so on. Don't know too much about the difference though lol

Ps: how US or European GM cars get it is basically through individuals or car traders that import. They have partnerships with other traders in the US and Europe and import by the dozen. Get great deals on prices then we as consumers get ripped off lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online