Is it snowing?

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Me007gold said:
Is it snowing on the forum? I am using at anicent version of IE at work and I have snow in my browser

Don't be silly!!!

Are you in compatibility mode?

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Me007gold said:
Is it snowing on the forum? I am using at anicent version of IE at work and I have snow in my browser

Snow? What snow? I have no idea what you are talking about. :raspberry:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
i aint got nothing on my screen

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
You need to adjust your "rabbit ears" :smile:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten,
and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

Everyone in the spirit now?

ChevyTBLover

Nov 21, 2011
I like it!:wootwoot:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
wow this is really cool snow on the gmtnation!i love it! let it snow!!!!!:wootwoot:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
I poked my head outside....there are a few fat flakes out there coming down, but nothing on my tapatalk browser! :biggrin:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
:rotfl: It's not snowing up here (oddly) so at least my laptop can have a white xmas!! :biggrin:

Nice touch guys! :thumbsup:

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
I like it too! Nice touch!

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I'm surprised that no one has complained about it yet... I guess it really gets people in the holiday spirit.

In the event that you would like to turn it off, you can do so in your Profile Settings, below where you would enter in your vehicle information.

Happy Holidays!

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
For a minute I thought I had a graphics glitch...either that or my eyes were really having problems...

Love the flakes! :smile:

Reminds me that I need to exercise the 4wd before it really does snow.

Thanks for the holiday spirit!

Cheers-

Chris

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks I think I will leave it on, puts me in the mood for Christmas.

Great Idea :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I love the snow, just don't add Christmas carols in the back ground, I would be liable to turn the shot gun onto the laptop.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Very well done guys :thumbsup:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Well, at lease I can get a "White Christmas" here. I'll be in Vegas during Christmas, so I doubt I'll see snow! :biggrin:

Code Red

Dec 11, 2011
I saw it and was thinking what the hell I started checking my other tabs thinking it was a firefox thing lol

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
Great....Now I have to de-ice my screen. :crazy:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Busterbrown said:
Great....Now I have to de-ice my screen. :crazy:

Your from Sterling Heights too?! I'll have to keep an eye out for your Rainier. What color is your Regal?

I don't need to do that, I have remote start on my Malibu. :biggrin:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Reminded me of this from Harry Potter 0:05-0:11
[video=youtube_share;3AImEWw9oi8]http://youtu.be/3AImEWw9oi8[/video]

So next Thanksgiving, are we going to see falling turkeys on our screens? :rotfl:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
I disabled mine. They stated annoying me! :lipsrsealed:

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
Envoy4Life said:
Your from Sterling Heights too?! I'll have to keep an eye out for your Rainier. What color is your Regal?

I don't need to do that, I have remote start on my Malibu. :biggrin:

@Envoy4Life, I have a Esxpresso Bronze Metallic Regal. The color is wicked when cleaned and buffed. But dirt and small scratches seem to take over the color when not so pristine. The tan interior color scheme only came with this color and white. And white was not on my list of favorites. BTW, you'll need to head out to one of the local meets sometime. The first 2012 meet is in the planning stages set to be staged at NAIAS. http://gmtnation.com/f48/michigan-winter-meet-284/ I know the group was also talking about a larger Midwest spring/summer meet. Keep an eye on the local forum.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
FYI, I liked the snow, but it was wearing out my fan clutch (oh, wrong platform) and hijacking my CPU. Thanks for making a setting to turn it off.
View attachment 17273
CPU was running pegged at 100%. Closed GMTNation tab and it dropped to 7%. New tab with GMTN and fan takes off again.
Turned off snowflake setting and CPU slowed down after a few seconds (first ramp down shown). Used browser history to go back to forum page and, bingo, fan and snowflakes again. Reloaded the page (to update settings) and, boom, back down to 7%.

FWIW, Windows 2000 (shut up, I know, its way down on THE LIST), Firefox 3.6, 1.7GHz P4, 768Mb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 w/ 256Mb.

I'm guessing that snow was making my system cold and the CPU/fan were hard at work on melting duty.

Attachments

• untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
So next Thanksgiving, are we going to see falling turkeys on our screens? :rotfl:

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

[video=youtube;4FXSnoy71Q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FXSnoy71Q4[/video]

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Wyle said:
FYI, I liked the snow, but it was wearing out my fan clutch (oh, wrong platform) and hijacking my CPU. Thanks for making a setting to turn it off.
View attachment 1724
CPU was running pegged at 100%. Closed GMTNation tab and it dropped to 7%. New tab with GMTN and fan takes off again.
Turned off snowflake setting and CPU slowed down after a few seconds (first ramp down shown). Used browser history to go back to forum page and, bingo, fan and snowflakes again. Reloaded the page (to update settings) and, boom, back down to 7%.

FWIW, Windows 2000 (shut up, I know, its way down on THE LIST), Firefox 3.6, 1.7GHz P4, 768Mb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 w/ 256Mb.

I'm guessing that snow was making my system cold and the CPU/fan were hard at work on melting duty.

1999 called, they want their computer back!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online