Nov 20, 2011
Indeed it is possible, mileage will not match, but that can be corrected

SS cluster(with LED lights and blue needles) in my Trailblazer

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
that is awesome. If my envoy didnt have DIC will it still work?

Indeed it will, jetttstream has a how to, on how to set up a box to control the DIC, or you could add a steering wheel with buttons and clock spring, do a small amount of wiring and it will just like it came from the factory.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Me007gold said:
Indeed it will, jetttstream has a how to, on how to set up a box to control the DIC, or you could add a steering wheel with buttons and clock spring, do a small amount of wiring and it will just like it came from the factory.

oh wow....thank you!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
can you put a 2004 tb SS gauge cluster into a 2004 envoy?

i doubted it was possible...has anyone tried this or seen it done?

Good luck finding one..........Can anyone guess why?.............

06 was the first year for the SS

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
So it is not possible to put an SS dic into an 04 envoy then

IDK for sure, but IIRC the clusters changed in 06 and you need the same year (or close IDK, I'm don't know the cutoff years) that your truck came with. I'm sure someone here will be more help though.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Short Bus said:
IDK for sure, but IIRC the clusters changed in 06 and you need the same year (or close IDK, I'm don't know the cutoff years) that your truck came with. I'm sure someone here will be more help though.

ok thank you! i was just curious I thought that could be pretty cool

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Short Bus said:

Year does not matter, Ive had a 04 Rainier Cluster in my truck, before I put the SS cluster in and everything worked correctly. The only issue you may have is "program cluster' but it will no effect the way the cluster works.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Me007gold said:
Year does not matter, Ive had a 04 Rainier Cluster in my truck, before I put the SS cluster in and everything worked correctly. The only issue you may have is "program cluster' but it will no effect the way the cluster works.

What's this?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Me007gold said:

nice....was there any extra wiring needed? or did you simply plug the new one in?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ConeKilrAutoX said:
nice....was there any extra wiring needed? or did you simply plug the new one in?

There's a write up in the articles section, may give you some good info

Edit: Nevermind, I thought this one had the info on tapping the wires under the dash for the steering wheel controls. You'll have to add some wires that go into the cluster harness. There's 4 wires (one for each DIC control button) If you don't go with a DIC steering wheel and make your own control box (this is the route I took) you just have to connect those 4 pins to ground, through a momentary button, and that's it.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Blckshdw said:
There's a write up in the articles section, may give you some good info

Edit: Nevermind, I thought this one had the info on tapping the wires under the dash for the steering wheel controls. You'll have to add some wires that go into the cluster harness. There's 4 wires (one for each DIC control button) If you don't go with a DIC steering wheel and make your own control box (this is the route I took) you just have to connect those 4 pins to ground, through a momentary button, and that's it.

perfect. thats all i need. I dont plan on going with the steering wheel

last question. Will my new dic automatically receive mileage info from the car from before? thanks

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
how would I go about doing the mileage correction?

You have to find some one who can fix it. You need to find an Odometer shop, Companys like USspeedo and Florida Speedometer can also do it, but they are a bit more expensive, or you can find some one in your area, who wil do it for much less. I got lucky, I found a guy on craigslist who did mine for $75.00.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Me007gold said:
You have to find some one who can fix it. You need to find an Odometer shop, Companys like USspeedo and Florida Speedometer can also do it, but they are a bit more expensive, or you can find some one in your area, who wil do it for much less. I got lucky, I found a guy on craigslist who did mine for $75.00.

ah... ok thanks!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
To get some pre-wired pins that you'll need to add to your cluster harness, you can buy a radio harness for our trucks off Ebay (the radio and cluster plugs are the same). Then just extend the wires to wherever you plan to mount your control box. :twocents:

[EBAY]390296663893[/EBAY]

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Blckshdw said:
To get some pre-wired pins that you'll need to add to your cluster harness, you can buy a radio harness for our trucks off Ebay (the radio and cluster plugs are the same). Then just extend the wires to wherever you plan to mount your control box. :twocents:

[EBAY]390296663893[/EBAY]

alright thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 9

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
What you could do instead of reprogramming the cluster is swapping the internals. The outside would have the look you want with the inside known to the truck. :twocents:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
DJones said:
What you could do instead of reprogramming the cluster is swapping the internals. The outside would have the look you want with the inside known to the truck. :twocents:

like this cluster gauge face? View attachment 18635

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 10

Blacktrails

Dec 8, 2011
Just to avoid any more confusion, all GMT360 clusters are interchangeable. DIC or Non-DIC does not matter. If you add a DIC cluster to a Non-DIC truck, the Gauges will function as normal but the DIC feature will only provide limited features, such as "Drivers door ajar", "low fuel", ect, and you cannot change between them due to the lack of buttons. There are some options for adding buttons as were mentioned earlier in this post.

Also remember that the BCM DOES NOT store the mileage the CLUSTER does. So if you have 80,000 miles on your CURRENT cluster and you buy one from, say, eBay that has 150,000 miles, when you install the new cluster it will read 150,000 miles. You have to take it to a dealership or maybe some mechanics to have it reprogrammed.

I currently have a 03 Non-DIC Envoy with a 04 Rainer cluster with DIC (that i picked up on eBay for 30 bucks shipped :yes:) but no buttons to control them............yet :biggrin:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
CavScout1836 said:
Just to avoid any more confusion, all GMT360 clusters are interchangeable. You have to take it to a dealership ... to have it reprogrammed.

That's what my dealer said too, but I haven't tried it yet. However, they won't do the programming.

I currently have a 03 Non-DIC Envoy with a 04 Rainer cluster with DIC (that i picked up on eBay for 30 bucks shipped) but no buttons to control them.

That's a good price. I don't think I'll be that lucky.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
DJones said:
That's what my dealer said too, but I haven't tried it yet. However, they won't do the programming.

That's a good price. I don't think I'll be that lucky.

Keep an eye on tbssowners.com I got mine there for about $100

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
Me007gold said:
Keep an eye on tbssowners.com I got mine there for about $100

There is actually one on sale right now for $160 on tbssowners. I got mine for $90 last year.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
May wanna check in on this auction in a few days and see how high the bids have gotten.

[EBAY]140699817884[/EBAY]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online