Is it a match made in heaven?

Stsguy

Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
Spring tx
I finally got a TAHOE! I've always wanted one but it wasn't practical because of my work and needing to carry fuel tanks in a truck. Anyway my 20 yr old son bought a 03 decked out all leather loaded to the hills white Tahoe . It just made me want one more. So I found a 03 white loaded but no leather.
It has 2 head rest audiovox screens I meant it also has Alpine system I think its pack 1000 it's a fold down with a DVD player under the seat . I've installed to power inverters 1 800 watt and the 250 watt. The 250 has two outlets in the truck in the 800 I use direct connection for charging high power LiPo batteries when I'm out playing with my rc. I just picked up a Sony xav-62bt. It's a double din Sony head unit I have the Bose CD cassette AM FM and I want to tie everything together. I'm hoping the rear seat entertainment will still be functional. This is my question. But I do want to make sure that I use everything that this head unit has available. I'm putting the 10 inch massive subwoofer in the back in the stock location the manufacturer made available. I am also adding charging ports in the front and back for USB micro mini and regular. An audio video input in the dash and in the rear seat sections. I'm also building vaporizer pen battery charging stations installing a radar detector inside the map light console above the center of the front seats and trying to figure out a good place for my GPS to go in - or to look more like a permanent install but my main question here is the match between the already installed Alpine and the Sony double din by picked up

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:tiphat: Welcome to the nation!! :iagree: Does sound like a nice truck, pics are mandatory. :biggrin:

Looks like you've got plenty of mods planned, you'll fit in nicely with us here. I'm a little confused at your question. When you say the Tahoe has an Alpine system, are you meaning a head unit, or a DVD player? You mentioned you have the stock Bose head unit, but that you want to tie everything together? You're not saying you've got 3 head units you want installed and functional at the same time are you?

We'll definitely need to see pics of how things are setup now, and maybe a mock up of how you want things to look in the end. :yes:

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I've been researching Tahoe stuff for my install and there is a difference between RSA (rear seat audio) and RSE (rear seat entertainment). From what I've read, the adaptors aren't interchangeable. For mine, RSA, the aftermarket radio has to have rca audio inputs to keep rear seat audio.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online