NEED HELP IPC Not Displaying Gear or Mileage

southsidesmoka

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Columbia, SC
Does anybody have any experience with fixing failed electronic components in the IPC of a 2003-ish TrailBlazer LS (no DIC)? I've tried cleaning the wiring harness contacts with electronics cleaner and checking for loose connections to no avail. All of my gauges are functional; I do, however, have a few burned out bulbs that need replacing. My concern is the two digital panels that display the current transmission gear and the odometer reading - neither is functioning. From a little research, I'm thinking the power-driver MOSFET (an LL2705, as in the GMT800 IPCs) has burned-out/failed. I've been building boutique guitar pedals for over 20 years - my soldering skills are considerable. In short, I don't want to spend the $200 - $300 on a rebuilt IPC if I can repair mine for less than $10 on parts and my own labor. What I need to know is whether or not I am aiming my soldering iron at the right component. Before I rip the dash open (again) and disassemble the IPC for troubleshooting, I wanted the thoughts, opinions and advice of my TrailBlazer family and friends. Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any and all advice.

- southsidesmoka

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online