Internal Torx size for headlamp adjusters.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone!

I am in the middle of swapping to LEDs for all my exterior lighting and I have a question. Does anyone know what size the Torx is for the adjuster? I don't have any internal Torx sockets and I don't want to purchase a complete set for the one or two times I will be using it.

I will get some pictures up once I am done with the project. One of my low beam bulbs is clocked incorrectly and I ripped off the cooling fan trying to change the clock position. Thank God for Amazon and their awesome return policy! I have to say that the LED on the driver's side are impressively bright and so much whiter! I am really psyched to finish it and try them all out!

Thank you all for the time and have a great day! Stay safe!

Respectfully,

George D.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone!

I am in the middle of swapping to LEDs for all my exterior lighting and I have a question. Does anyone know what size the Torx is for the adjuster? I don't have any internal Torx sockets and I don't want to purchase a complete set for the one or two times I will be using it.

I will get some pictures up once I am done with the project. One of my low beam bulbs is clocked incorrectly and I ripped off the cooling fan trying to change the clock position. Thank God for Amazon and their awesome return policy! I have to say that the LED on the driver's side are impressively bright and so much whiter! I am really psyched to finish it and try them all out!

Thank you all for the time and have a great day! Stay safe!

Respectfully,

George D.
I think I have found my answer. Google says it is a 8mm torx. Does this sound about right?

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
Don't bother with the torx. Save your money and use a 12-point 1/4" socket. Works perfect and you probably already have one in your tool kit.

I would also highly recommend you rethink the LED headlights. You are going to hate them, and - trust me on this one - every driver coming toward you at night is going to REALLY hate them. Our reflectors are made for good quality halogen lights or HIR replacement bulbs, not HID or LEDs. Firstly, they are illegal. Secondly, while every ricer on Youtube remarks that "they are, like, SO much brighter!" to justify the extra cost, there has not been one single scientific test that whiter lights, or even "brighter" lights for that matter, let you see hazards farther down the road.

Good quality halogens are where it's at. That's what the reflectors in our trucks are designed for. I should know; I drive in deer country at night every month of the year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.