intermitant high idle

Enderbygrandpa

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
took the truck out on the highway today started with correct idle 650rpm, after hour at 60mph came into town stopped at light idle at 1000rpm then parked for hour started up still 1000! drove for 10 min parked for another hour started up to go home idle now back at 650. hour later got home still idle at 650. have new thermostat, temp sensor clean throttle body matter of fact I have two TB's they both do it. anybody have this problem and did it ever get fixed?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1) Is your temp gauge straight up at 210 degrees?

2) Can you check the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose? If it falls off, you will get a SES light sooner or later, but also a 900 RPM idle.

View attachment 19224

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 41

Enderbygrandpa

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
I,m celcius but 1 line to left hottest its been since new I,m original owner so far third thermostat since new and second temp sensor may be my gauge is off. It will go higher when pulling the trailer. Fuel pressure reg hose is hooked up. No codes showing no lights been happening off and on for couple of years. lots of times will go weeks and never happen then shows up for a couple of hours then gone. really picks me off. damn gremlins

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I would run a can of seafoam through your gas tank. Sometimes condensation builds up in the tank and can lead to a high idle if your fuel mixture has a little too much water. The seafoam will allow the water to become much more combustible. Also, clean your throttle body since that can effect idle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online