Interior led help

nismo0886

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I have an 03 traiblazer I ordered 194 led's for all the dome lights above the doors and rear cargo and license plates from autolumination.com well the license plate ones are good and lit up but when I went to put the dome light ones and the first one turned on and then they all went off and won't turn on anymore even with the regular bulbs. They only turn on if I press it for the map light. I checked every single fuse under the rear seat and the good and they are all ok I'm at a loss here any help would be appreciated

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
nismo0886 said:
I have an 03 traiblazer I ordered 194 led's for all the dome lights above the doors and rear cargo and license plates from autolumination.com well the license plate ones are good and lit up but when I went to put the dome light ones and the first one turned on and then they all went off and won't turn on anymore even with the regular bulbs. They only turn on if I press it for the map light. I checked every single fuse under the rear seat and the good and they are all ok I'm at a loss here any help would be appreciated

Did you hit your dome override button on accident? I've had that happen a few times

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Let me see if I understand your question.... You have one LED bulb an the rest are incandescent?

If so, if you were to swap the led bulb giving issues with a regular 194, does it turn on and off as it should when you open a door? If none do, it may be as simple as pressing your dome light override switch.

If not, try swapping the led bulb your uninstalled ones or take one from your license plate or since they are known to be good....

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Did you hit your dome override button on accident? I've had that happen a few times

I was thinking the same thing lol because it has to be fuse if not that!

nismo0886

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Boricua SS said:

No i didnt hit the dome override button and all of them are led bulbs the incandescent have all been replaced

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
nismo0886 said:
No i didnt hit the dome override button and all of them are led bulbs the incandescent have all been replaced

ok, so no override issues then... as Kar said, try your license plate bulbs and see if those work... but if every single bulb is out.. then its either your dome override, or a fuse... ive never heard of any other issues... if a certain bulb isnt working, you can try flipping it 180*.. as leds are polarized.. i cant think of anything else... unless all the leds just arent making contact with the sockets (meaning the little exposed segments that touch the socket to give them power)

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
Maybe you pushed the contacts out of the holder?. When i switched all my interior to led couple days ago Some of the contacts were not touching the bulb due to the fact the contact were loose.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
How did you check the fuses? Visually? Or with a fuse tester or multimeter? I am thinking you reversed the polarity on one (or some) of the dome lights, and popped a fuse. That would cause the stock bulbs not to work either when you put them back. I know it's TBC3 or TBC4 (I always forget which one is which) that's for the dome lights.

nismo0886

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Blckshdw said:
How did you check the fuses? Visually? Or with a fuse tester or multimeter? I am thinking you reversed the polarity on one (or some) of the dome lights, and popped a fuse. That would cause the stock bulbs not to work either when you put them back. I know it's TBC3 or TBC4 (I always forget which one is which) that's for the dome lights.

I just checked them visually

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's not always a reliable way to go. Fuses can blow, but not be blown so badly that you can see the break. It's better if you use a meter, or fuse tester. If you don't have one (yet) Swap Truck Body Controller 3 and 4 with known good fuses to confirm.

nismo0886

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
I'll have to run and pick one up at autozine real quick and test it tomorrow since the wife took the truck for work already thanks for all the help guys as always its greatly appreciated

nismo0886

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
So I replaced the fuse at bcm 3 and that was it. Now I have interior led’s one other question is when they are off I can still see them on just very very dim are they supposed to be like that

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Nice. Gotta love those quick fixes.

Anyway, the LED's being on very dimly, that's a common thing and nothing really to worry about. It would take weeks to run the battery down at that brightness.

Call it an unintentional feature. Makes it easier to find the map lights at night.

nismo0886

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
Alright cool I wasn't really worried much but its the wife's truck and she was asking about it so I figured just so she would stop asking I would check

sLAsh

Jan 26, 2012
They stay on dim because there is always a little current running through the circuit(around 3V IIRC) not enough to light up an incandescent but LEDs require less voltage.
If it annoys you try adding a resistor into the circuit. I havent done it to my wifes envoy but i have done it to solve this on other GMs that have this problem. Try replacing one of the bulbs with an incandescent one to see if that solves the problem. If so you will only need to put one resistor into the circuit. If not you may have to put a resistor in at each socket. Some people add a single incandescent bulb in and leave it tucked in behind the headliner but I prefer a resistor. I don't like the idea of having a light behind the headliner because the lights can stay on for hours and get pretty hot if a door doesn't get closed properly

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online