WANTED Interior Door Handle and Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey all! My drovers side door handle trim piece flew off yesterday as I got out of my car. Looks as if one of the previous owners hot fluid the trip back together as all the tabs on both the handle and the trim are broken off. So I'm looking for the whole drivers side handle assembly. If anyone has one laying around,in chrome, I'd be more than grateful to take it off their hands. I've looked on eBay and it looks like it would run me around $20 for both, not sure if someone has it here cheaper!
Thanks fam!! :grouphug:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Is there anything wrong with the handle itself? If just the trim piece has broken tabs to hold it in place, that's all you need to replace. I don't remember what your junk yard situation is like, but you can usually get them pretty cheap if you find one with most/all tabs intact.

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Is there anything wrong with the handle itself? If just the trim piece has broken tabs to hold it in place, that's all you need to replace. I don't remember what your junk yard situation is like, but you can usually get them pretty cheap if you find one with most/all tabs intact.
Haven't been to one down here. But yeah, all the tabs and receivers are broken. So I'll need a whole new assembly. But yea not a bad option really

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I hate those stupid trim pieces. I don't think I have a single one with all 4 tabs.

Unfortunately, for that reason, I'd recommend just buying new trim pieces. They're cheap enough. I have a few spares that I keep for the inevitable times I will break them in the future (plus the plastic fades after about 10 years).

The receiver part should be pretty well in-tact on donor vehicles. I've never seen one broken in all of the dozens of TrailBlazers and Envoys I've perused through at the junkyard.
Tell the person at the register it's a cup holder liner or something so they charge less.

Who knows which option is cheaper. Ordering a whole new assembly just takes less time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.