Interior cleaning solution

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
I rely on this site a whole lot for the mechanical side of things so I here is me trying to pay it back even a little. My trailblazer has 215k and use to be a rental car so its seen a lot of use. I used Zep degreaser mixed with water and it worked well on the leather and plastic, still need to try to carpet with a shop vac and heavy scrubbing. I'll post more later if wanted as my interior is so filthy and it's still in the works

Attachments

• 20200721_190021.jpg
    20200721_190021.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200721_190014.jpg
    20200721_190014.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200721_190009.jpg
    20200721_190009.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 16

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Id take it easy with the shop vac method. Done quite a few and its hard as H*** to get the water out of the padding underneath with any vac. And the dirtier it is the wetter your going to be getting the carpet...Maybe early in the morning on a really hot day with several fans blowing on it afterwards.
If you really want to do it properly you have to take that carpet out....then you could replace the padding too and not have to worry about moisture getting in all the floor mounted electrical items in these cars. Seats could be restored properly also a lot easier with them out than in. Several videos on You Tube about restoring the leather to like new condition.
I dont know how far you wanting to go or anything but I ruined a car a couple years ago (not an envoy) trying to wash and wet vac. Got moisture in the computer and the electrical system and it was a disaster.

Reactions: Redbeard

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Id take it easy with the shop vac method. Done quite a few and its hard as H*** to get the water out of the padding underneath with any vac. And the dirtier it is the wetter your going to be getting the carpet...Maybe early in the morning on a really hot day with several fans blowing on it afterwards.
If you really want to do it properly you have to take that carpet out....then you could replace the padding too and not have to worry about moisture getting in all the floor mounted electrical items in these cars. Seats could be restored properly also a lot easier with them out than in. Several videos on You Tube about restoring the leather to like new condition.
I dont know how far you wanting to go or anything but I ruined a car a couple years ago (not an envoy) trying to wash and wet vac. Got moisture in the computer and the electrical system and it was a disaster.
I've honestly debated on finding a new carpet from a u pull. I didn't intend on using to much water but I also do have access to a very strong shop vac and also big fans that move a ton of air. We use both for homes where water heaters burst and that's a whole lot of water to remove

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I've honestly debated on finding a new carpet from a u pull

You may get lucky and still find one from a dealer. I wish I had not waited an extra year.

I haven't used this company, but may have what you're looking for.

Chevrolet Trailblazer Carpet Molded Replacement Kit

Reactions: xavierny25

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
You may get lucky and still find one from a dealer. I wish I had not waited an extra year.

I haven't used this company, but may have what you're looking for.

Chevrolet Trailblazer Carpet Molded Replacement Kit
I know I can get carpet from a junkyard for 50 bucks but I'm also hoping it will just clean up. I've seen them but I'm hoping to cheap out on the appearance side especially because I'm about to put that same cost of new carpet into my transmission and shes definitely not a show car lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online

No members online now.