intake mod need help

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey I got a k and n intake for my truck from a member on her well didn't know that his truck was a 02tb and I got a 07tb so now im trying to adapt this thing lol my issue is the maf sensor what can I use? I was thinking a maf/air sensor off of amazon its a 3inch tube with a few sensors adaptors for gm and ford and chevy or if you have anyother ideas?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
c bausch said:
Hey I got a k and n intake for my truck from a member on her well didn't know that his truck was a 02tb and I got a 07tb so now im trying to adapt this thing lol my issue is the maf sensor what can I use? I was thinking a maf/air sensor off of amazon its a 3inch tube with a few sensors adaptors for gm and ford and chevy or if you have anyother ideas?

I'm no expert in this area so i'm sure someone will chime in soon. My recommendation is that you try contacting the seller or try and sell it yourself. The newer models that use MAF sensors are totally different and more sensitive than the earlier models using the IAT sensor. Don't think you'll be able to use what you have except for the filter itself.

Again i'm not an expert in this so may be wrong! Out of curiosity how much did you get the intake for?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Lol! Thanks man already have a custom intake installed. What's the part number for the intake? Do you have the full kit with the heat shield? If so may consider man

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Yeah I got the whole kit, hoses ,heat shield, filter ,intake tube its a 77series but ill get the number when I get to my truck

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I've seen someone try to adapt the older intake to the newer motor, not very successful. I'd take it off your hands, but I just blew my mod budget for the next few months.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
c bausch said:
K and n 77-3036kp

Cool that fits my 2003! If you could please send me a shipping quote on pm to saudi Arabia , Dammam city zip 31411 through USPS. If the quote is reasonable I'll take it bud!

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
fadyasha said:
I'm no expert in this area so i'm sure someone will chime in soon. My recommendation is that you try contacting the seller or try and sell it yourself. The newer models that use MAF sensors are totally different and more sensitive than the earlier models using the IAT sensor. Don't think you'll be able to use what you have except for the filter itself.

Again i'm not an expert in this so may be wrong! Out of curiosity how much did you get the intake for?

so... i have read on here several times that an aftermarket intake kit can set of ses lights or something... so being that i have a 2002 as apposed to the newer models i should be able to throw in a kit and remove those damn air boxes with out throwing some sort of code and annoying my pcm some how? since i dont have the maf?

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
LordBear said:
so... i have read on here several times that an aftermarket intake kit can set of ses lights or something... so being that i have a 2002 as apposed to the newer models i should be able to throw in a kit and remove those damn air boxes with out throwing some sort of code and annoying my pcm some how? since i dont have the maf?

2002 have the IAT sensor and don't cause much problems. I currently have a custom intake that I put together and no problems whatsoever. There's an article on how to make a DIY intake, easy to do and as cheap as $20 :eek:

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
fadyasha said:
2002 have the IAT sensor and don't cause much problems. I currently have a custom intake that I put together and no problems whatsoever. There's an article on how to make a DIY intake, easy to do and as cheap as $20 :eek:

been thinking bout that or buying one....although leaning more toward making one maybe since they are so freaking over priced.. was kinda on the fence over it due to some of the posts of read..

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
LordBear said:
been thinking bout that or buying one....although leaning more toward making one maybe since they are so freaking over priced.. was kinda on the fence over it due to some of the posts of read..

you got that right! way overpriced! option 1 make one, option two find a used one and slap on a new filter :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online