Intake manifold question

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
As most of you have read I replaced all of my fuel injectors and have been having nothing but headaches but yesterday I put a whole new set in from the company because I thought the ones in the truck were screw up.

Anyway when I took the intake manifold I noticed (not sure if it looked like this the other times I had it off) that the first 5 ports were wet with the gas spray and the last one (closest to the fire wall) was dusty but bone dry?
So I’m not sure if that’s normal or if I have an issue?
If I do have an issue is it that one is bone dry or that the first 5 are wet with the mist the gas sprays into the engine?
When I say wet it’s not dripping out of the manifold it just has like a greasy look to it and if I touch it with my fingers I do get residue on it.
Thanks guys

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Were they wet with gas or an oily film? If the latter, I would say it's normal unless it's dripping with oil. That would be caused by the PCV system, which also causes the dirty throttle body.

If it's gas, I would say it's a problem since the fuel injectors are into the head past the manifold. If gas is coming back into the manifold, I would guess that the injectors are leaking after the engine is shut down.

Reactions: WeaponX

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Were they wet with gas or an oily film? If the latter, I would say it's normal unless it's dripping with oil. That would be caused by the PCV system, which also causes the dirty throttle body.

If it's gas, I would say it's a problem since the fuel injectors are into the head past the manifold. If gas is coming back into the manifold, I would guess that the injectors are leaking after the engine is shut down.
It’s just a wet film but like I said it’s only the first 5, the 6th one is bone dry nothing but dust so why isn’t the 6th one like the other 5? Is that normal?
I’m sorry I thought I said it was just shinny from spray back of the injectors it’s not dripping wet at all but the six one is completely bone dry (last meaning the port closest to the firewall)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could just be how the air flows and the oil can't follow into the 6th runner. Just speculation though. I can't say I remember mine being like that either way (oily or dry) for just one runner.

Reactions: WeaponX

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.