Installing RP5-GM11

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Hey everyone,

I finally have all of the components to install my Pioneer DEH-X6600BS radio in my 2004 Trailblazer. Now I have some questions:

Do I hook up the switched accy power wire from the module directly to the pioneer harness? Or do I physically need to tap it into a switched power in the truck? I cant find clarification anywhere for this! The wire on the module is a lot longer than the other wires I need to hook up to the pioneer harness, and that made me wonder if something else is going on with this thing.

I see the rest of them line up fine, but this red wire has me confused. I am trying to solder the harnesses together now, and google searching isn't bringing up crap.

If I do hook up the longer accy wire from the module to a switched source, what do I do with the accy wire on the pioneer harness?

Thanks everyone!!

also, do I tie the blue/white strip wire from the pioneer harness to the module harness, and then just run a single wire from this connection back to my amp?

The instructions for the radio and module sure do suck on this thing.

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Anyone? I want to get this installed asap!

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I called Crutchfield, and they told me the accessory wire from the module connects to the accessory wire on the pioneer. That just doesn't make sense because the module wire is significantly longer than the other wires in the bundle.
Also, they said to tie the two blue/white stripe wires together, and then run one wire out of that back to the amp. That makes sense to me.

Ideas? Thoughts on how other people wired these in?

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
I think that wire is only longer for older applications that don't use a bypass.
I just cut all the extra off, and attached it to the bypass...on my budies truck 08 silverado

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
thanks for the reply. I guess I will give it a shot

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunsmoke

Members Online