Installing lift kit - other high wear parts to replace?

EnvoyIA

Original poster
Sep 21, 2019
Iowa
Hi

I'm installing a bds lift kit next weekend on my 05 envoy along with bilstein hd struts and new tires. Since I'm going to have the suspension torn apart are there any other high wear components that are fairly cheap and easy to replace while it's apart? The vehicle has 140k on it, nothing feels bad with the suspension but if I can save myself a headache down the road while I'm replacing the struts I'd like to get it done all at once. I don't have much experience with suspensions other than replacing struts so I was hoping hear what tends to wear out on these vehicles. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You could take a look at all the bushings and boots, see if any of them are worn, ripped, or leaking any grease. Any noises, squeaks, knocks, or clunks when going over bumps or rough pavement?

EnvoyIA

Original poster
Sep 21, 2019
Iowa
I'll give them a look, thanks! Nothing sounds wrong with the suspension I've noticed, so I probably won't replace anything else unless I see something you mentioned. I don't think the lift will be a terribly difficult job anyway so if I have to disassemble things in the future it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online