Installing front abs sensor

kmb

Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
When replacing the left front abs sensor on my 05, I noticed that the sensor appears to bottom out on the tan o-ring about 1/16" above the mounting surface on the hub. It looks like there's some rust built up in the sensor hole on the hub. Can somebody tell me if I should clean up the rust to seat the sensor so it's sitting on the hub, or am I missing something? Thanks!

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
kmb said:
When replacing the left front abs sensor on my 05, I noticed that the sensor appears to bottom out on the tan o-ring about 1/16" above the mounting surface on the hub. It looks like there's some rust built up in the sensor hole on the hub. Can somebody tell me if I should clean up the rust to seat the sensor so it's sitting on the hub, or am I missing something? Thanks!
The ABS sensor is part of the hub assembly and it shouldn't come apart afaik.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They come out with an Allen wrench. I would clean it out if you can.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
I agree with cleaning it out some maybe with a dremel with a wire brush attachment. I would plug the hole on the hub if you can while cleaning it to avoid any debris from going into there that may make the ABS get funny.

kmb

Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I'll try cleaning it out - I was mainly hoping I didn't lose a spacer or something. Thanks for the replies.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
I do not believe there is a spacer on them. I didn't take the one out of our platform before but have done other ones in the past and never had a spacer on them. And looking at the shop manual for replacing it, it does not show a spacer. Probably just binding up on the dirt or something like you said. I don't know if it would be harmful but maybe a tiny trace of oil around the outside of the sensor to help it slide into the opening on the hub.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Taken a bunch out...no spacer. Some have oring.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online