Inner tie rods

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I need to swap out the inner tie rods on my 09 TB...GM and AC Delco ones are expensive...any of the other brands that someone might have used that do the job and won't break the bank?.....Thanks...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
After using Mevotech, which failed within MONTHS, I used ACDelco. I don't trust too many brands anymore but if I had to use another, I'd give Moog a shot since they have a lifetime warranty. There's also Delphi which are a little cheaper with lifetime warranty however they are not the Delphi of old. A few have bought their fuel pumps that either failed quickly or right out of the box so their name is mud with me.

If buying locally, I'd stay away from house brands like Duralast or Napa since you don't know who makes them. Also stay away from eBay cheap Chinese junk.

What you also have to remember, which I learned the hard way, is that if they fail again, even with a lifetime warranty, you still have to pay for another alignment.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Hate to be a dissenter here, but I would actually buy the Duralast models, or the Advance Carquest models. I have had really good luck with both.

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
After using Mevotech, which failed within MONTHS, I used ACDelco. I don't trust too many brands anymore but if I had to use another, I'd give Moog a shot since they have a lifetime warranty. There's also Delphi which are a little cheaper with lifetime warranty however they are not the Delphi of old. A few have bought their fuel pumps that either failed quickly or right out of the box so their name is mud with me.

If buying locally, I'd stay away from house brands like Duralast or Napa since you don't know who makes them. Also stay away from eBay cheap Chinese junk.

What you also have to remember, which I learned the hard way, is that if they fail again, even with a lifetime warranty, you still have to pay for another alignment.
I concur with the mevotech brand,used the ball joints and within a year one failed and end up changing both sides. Moog was always the go to for front end parts in my younger days and are quite a bit cheaper than AC Delco...I'm going to give the Moog ones a shot....food for thought regarding the alignment....Thanks

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online